Extended Service Plan
At The Home Depot, you'll find products that are built to last. But even the toughest products can succumb to the rigours of everyday use, so we offer extended service plans for your peace of mind. From chainsaws to chippers, you can relax knowing your product is covered even after the manufacturer's warranty runs out.
Protecting your product is easy! Simply purchase the Home Depot Extended Service Plan at your local store. Major appliances with Extended Service Plans will be registered at the time of purchase, but for other products you can easily register your service plan online. Once that's done, you're covered*. We're there when you need us, with toll-free customer service.
*Keep your Bill of sale. It is required in the event that we need to replace your item.
While manufacturer warranties typically cover defects in materials and workmanship, The Home Depot Extended Service Plans offer enhanced coverage that often covers normal wear and tear and provides a "no lemon" guarantee. Take a look at why The Home Depot Extended Service Plan might be right for you:
- Includes coverage beyond the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty
- Covers 100% of the parts and labour for mechanical and electrical failures
- Includes failure due to normal wear and tear
- Power surge coverage
- Food spoilage protection up to $250 for the freezer section of a refrigerator and $500 for stand alone freezers
- Preventive maintenance inspection for Major Appliances (once during the Extended Service Plan)
- Functional Rust coverage for Dishwasher Racks and Baskets, Dryer Drums and Pads, and Washing Machine Tubs
- No deductibles and no hidden fees
- If we can't fix it, we'll replace it!
- Transferable at no charge
Pick-Up and Delivery Services
If your manufacturer's warranty provides in-home or on-site service, your Home Depot Service Plan will provide this as well. For carry-in items, you will be directed to a conveniently located Service Centre for your repair needs.
For products under $200, we offer replacement plans that cover your purchase for one year, beginning when the manufacturer's warranty expires. The replacement plan offers one-time product replacement for failed products, with no service necessary.
Already Purchased Consumer Electronics and Appliances
If you have already purchased your product and wish to purchase a Home Depot Service Plan, simply return to the store within 30 days of purchasing your product and our Associates will be happy to assist you. Your original product receipt is required. In the case of Major Appliances, you may add the Extended Service Plan to your purchase anytime within 11 Months of your product purchase date.