The Home Depot Canada Foundation believes that good neighbours make great neighbourhoods. The Foundation is dedicated to sharing our time, knowledge and resources to support affordable housing and build strong communities for Canadians in need.
As such, we provide support to Canadian registered charities who share our commitment to building strong communities through two grant programs:
- Community Grants - provides registered Canadian charities with funding for small-scale affordable housing and community based improvement projects that benefit Canadians in need and encourage hands-on service through volunteer engagement.
Our primary focus is supporting initiatives that prevent and end youth homelessness. This includes funding renovation and repair projects and programs that provide access to safe, stable shelter and support services. As such, priority is placed on projects that fit the following criteria.
- Maximum Grant: $5,000 (cash and/or The Home Depot gift card)
- Application deadline: applications are accepted year-round for this program
- Eligible Projects include but are not limited to: small-scale affordable housing and neighbourhood improvement projects that involve rebuilding, repairing, painting, refurbishing, landscaping, and planting.
Affordable Housing Grants - provides funding to Canadian registered charities making repairs, refurbishments and/or modifications to a housing accommodation that benefits youth in need.
- Maximum Grant: up to $25,000 cash
- Deadline to submit letter of inquiry: March 21, 2014
- Eligible Projects include but are not limited to: window replacement, weatherizing, painting, enhancements to the outdoor landscape (i.e. trees, gardens, seating areas), lighting or fixture upgrade projects, insulation improvements, small kitchen or washroom renovations.