The Home Depot Canada Foundation believes that good neighbours make great neighbourhoods. The Foundation is dedicated to sharing our time, knowledge and resources to support affordable housing and build strong communities for Canadians in need. Our primary focus is supporting initiatives that help put an end youth homelessness.
As such, we provide support to Canadian registered charities who share our commitment to building strong communities and helping homeless and vulnerable youth through two grant programs:
- Community Grants - provides registered Canadian charities with funding for affordable housing and community based improvement projects that benefit Canadians in need, in particular homeless youth and encourage hands-on service through volunteer engagement.
- Maximum Grant: $5,000 (cash and/or The Home Depot gift card)
- Application deadline: applications are accepted year-round for this program
- Eligible Projects include but are not limited to: small-scale renovation and repair projects and programs that benefit vulnerable youth and affordable housing and neighbourhood improvement projects that involve rebuilding, repairing, painting, refurbishing, landscaping, and planting.
The Orange Door Project Grant Program - provides funding to Canadian registered charities making repairs, refurbishments and/or modifications to a housing accommodation or other support facility that benefits homeless youth.
- Maximum Grant: up to $50,000 cash
- Key Dates : The deadline for applications for this program has passed. Please check back regularly for information on our next granting cycle or send an e-mail to email@example.com and request to have your e-mail address added to our database so we can notify you when we begin accepting applications for our 2016 granting cycle.
- Eligible Projects include but are not limited to: window replacement, weatherizing, painting, enhancements to the outdoor landscape (i.e. trees, gardens, seating areas), lighting or fixture upgrade projects, insulation improvements, small kitchen or washroom renovations.