The Home Depot Canada Foundation believes that good neighbours make great neighbourhoods. The Foundation is dedicated to sharing our time, knowledge and resources to support affordable housing and build strong communities for Canadians in need. Our primary focus is supporting initiatives that help put an end youth homelessness.
As such, we provide support to Canadian registered charities who share our commitment to building strong communities and helping homeless and vulnerable youth through two grant programs:
- Community Grants - provides registered Canadian charities with funding for affordable housing and community based improvement projects that benefit Canadians in need, in particular homeless youth and encourage hands-on service through volunteer engagement.
- Maximum Grant: $5,000 (cash and/or The Home Depot gift card)
- Application deadline: applications are accepted year-round for this program
- Eligible Projects include but are not limited to: small-scale renovation and repair projects and programs that benefit vulnerable youth and affordable housing and neighbourhood improvement projects that involve rebuilding, repairing, painting, refurbishing, landscaping, and planting.
The Orange Door Project Grant Program - provides funding to Canadian registered charities making repairs, refurbishments and/or modifications to a housing accommodation or other support facility that benefits homeless youth.
- Maximum Grant: up to $50,000 cash
- Key Dates : The deadline for preliminary applications for this program has passed.
- Eligible Projects include but are not limited to: window replacement, weatherizing, painting, enhancements to the outdoor landscape (i.e. trees, gardens, seating areas), lighting or fixture upgrade projects, insulation improvements, small kitchen or washroom renovations.
- Thank you to all charitable organizations that expressed interest in this program.
- Applicants not selected to complete our full application will automatically be considered for funding through our Community Grants program and will receive a notification regarding their application status on or before March 31, 2015.
- Applicants invited to submit a full application will be notified of their application status on or before April 30, 2015.