Burpee Home Gardens Herbs & Vegetables
Burpee Home Gardens brings you the best herbs and vegetables as garden-ready plants, helping create a garden that’s uniquely yours. Burpee’s plant lineup is filled with garden favourites and exclusive vegetables not found anywhere else – pick them up at your local Home Depot Garden Centre!
GROW YOUR OWN BURPEE HERBS & VEGETABLES
Home-grown vegetables and herbs are tastier, fresher and even healthier than what you find at the store. Plant from seed or buy Burpee garden-ready plants for an easy start.
Available Vegetable & Fruit Varieties (selection may vary by store):
- Brussels Sprouts
- Lettuce & Greens
(Banana, Hot, Sweet)
(Summer and Winter)
- Swiss Chard
- Cherry Tomato
- Bumper Crop
Available Herb Varieties (selection may vary by store):
- Sweet Marjoram
BOOST ANTIOXIDANT COLLECTION
Burpee’s BOOST Collection of veggies has high levels of antioxidants, including vitamin C, lycopene, lutein and carotenoids. It’s perfect for your active lifestyle and quest for higher nutrition! The collection includes varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and salad greens.
BURPEE GARDENING TIPS
- Well-drained soil is critical for planting success. Amend the planting area with rich, organic matter like compost, decomposed leaves and manure.
- Choose vegetable varieties you enjoy eating – you’ll make better use of your harvest and will have ready-made recipes when your crop ripens.
- Raised garden beds provide the best growing environment for plants to thrive. Aim for a bed raised 12” to 18” (30cm to 46cm), which provides ideal conditions for roots to grow deeply.
- Vegetable and herb plants thrive in full sun – six hours is best! Remove limbs of overhanging trees if it will provide more light.
- Don’t overdo it with a big garden. Start small; you can always expand later.