3. Caring for your Poinsettias
With proper care, the beautiful, colourful blooms on these traditional holiday houseplants will last right through Christmas and well into the new year.
- When in bloom, poinsettias need at least 6 hours of indirect light every day.
- Allow the plant to dry out between waterings and ensure proper drainage to prevent root rot. Remove the plant from watertight decorative containers when watering.
- Mist poinsettias regularly and, if possible, keep them in a humid environment.
- Don't fertilize your plant while it's blooming.