Heating and Cooling
Living & Bedroom
Overview of the ServiceA well maintained roof heads off leaks, increases energy efficiency and is a beautiful crowning touch to your home.
Why should you choose to have it installed by The Home Depot?
The Home Depot roofing experts are skilled and insured Installation Services professionals whose work is guaranteed. They will come to you, analyze your entire roofing system (whether flat or sloped) and provide a free estimate, help you select roofing product, and look after every detail related to removing your old roofing and installing a new one.
Note too that all of our roofing professionals hold Pro Field Guide Certification and are experts in the field, so you can be confident in your choice of The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, for your roofing project. Quality workmanship is a priority and part of our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction.
Why should you install this Product?Your roof can't protect the interior of your home if the shingles are missing, loose, curling, cracked or compromised by algae. Damaged or missing flashing, rotting fascia and decks are also clues it's time for repair. A new roof provides more than protection; it improves ventilation, energy efficiency and ups the curb appeal of your home.
HOW TO TELL IF YOU NEED A NEW ROOF
Water leaks or temperature inconsistencies inside your home could mean your roofing system isn’t working properly. Watch for these signs you may need a roof replacement:
- Leaking roof in the attic or top floor
- Water stains on ceilings
- Blistering or peeling paint and plaster on ceilings or walls
- Excessive shingle debris in gutters or lawns
- Shingles buckling, curling or blistering
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
Trust that a Home Depot Installation Services expert can help you identify potential problems with your current roof – book a free in-home consultation now!
KNOW THE CAUSES OF ROOFING DAMAGE
A sound roof protects your home and your family, but because your roof is constantly exposed to the elements, it’s bound to age. Here are some common sources of roofing wear and tear, and the effects:
- The sun’s heat and ultraviolet rays: They age roofing materials, especially on west and south surfaces.
- Rainwater under shingles: This causes rot and threatens the structural integrity of your roof.
- High winds: These can lift shingles and force water and debris underneath.
- Melting snow: When temperatures rise and climb, refreezing of water can block drainage into gutters and allow water to enter under roofing materials and then inside your home.
- Tree branches: These can damage shingles. Leaves on the roof and in gutters can also hold moisture and cause rot and poor drainage.
- Missing or torn shingles: This makes it easier for remaining shingles to rip or be blow off, making it easier for moisture to enter and damage the interior roof structure, as well as leak into your home’s interior too.
GOOD VENTILATION EXTENDS ROOF LIFE
The lifespan of a new roof is often dramatically less than expected. Ever wonder why? The answer is ventilation. A well-balanced attic ventilation system protects your roof investment. It allows cool, fresh air to enter through soffit or eave vents and lets hot, stale air escape through a ridge vent. (Important to note too is that without proper ventilation, most manufacturers' shingle warranties are void.) The reduced temperature difference between the outside air and the attic space beneath your roof benefits your home in important ways:
- It allows your roof to breathe in warmer months, lowering attic temperatures and cooling the roof deck.
- It keeps attic humidity down in cooler months to minimize condensation and mold and mildew growth.
- It reduces condensation, which can dampen and compact insulation and cause your heating system to work harder.
To evaluate the condition of your attic ventilation and potentially add years to the life of your new or existing roof, book a free in-home consultation with one of our Home Depot Insulation Installation Services experts today!
WHICH ROOF IS BEST FOR YOU
There are many factors to consider in choosing a roof, including style, color, durability, warranties and installation. Here are some facts to help you decide:
- The Home Depot has a wide selection of premium quality asphalt roof shingles to give you the look you want at a price that fits your budget. Choose from:
- Ultra Premium, our thickest, most dimensional look
- Value Designer to simulate the look of real wood shakes or slate
- Architectural, with distinctive shadow lines
- Roof shingles come in colors from natural wood shades to intense slate blue, green and red. If you have a homeowners’ association, check the architectural guidelines.
- Roof replacement should include removal of existing materials, a structural integrity inspection, a rubberized leak barrier, deck underlayment, drip edges and metal flashings.
Service OptionsThe Home Depot offers a variety of Installation Services to assist your home improvement projects. Complement a new roof by giving your entire exterior a fresh look with new windows, doors, siding and eavestrough replacement. Consider augmenting your new roof's energy efficiency by insulating your attic.
3 STEPS TO REPLACING YOUR ROOF
FREE In-Home Consultation
At a pre-scheduled time, an Installation Services consultant will visit your home to discuss your needs, and assess and measure your roof. For that appointment, you and your family’s key decision makers will be asked to: take a close look at your roof and make a note of any damage present and the condition of your gutters, make a note of any personal style and colour preferences, and determine your budget.
You will be shown samples of actual roofing styles and colours, and product differences and benefits will be explained such as those regarding The Home Depot’s asphalt and low-slope roofing systems*. The elements of a complete roofing system will be reviewed, and any questions you have will be answered. You will be given a roofing recommendation as well as a written quotation for a system that fits your budget.
*Product availability varies by market.
An authorized Home Depot Service provider will call to arrange a pre-installation inspection as well as a roof installation date, and advise of any preparation that you may need to make prior to the start of the project. Roofing materials will then be delivered to your home. Your project coordinator and sales consultant will provide you with schedule and project updates as weather and environment can affect the length of the installation process. Removal of existing roofing materials includes the delivery of disposal bins to ensure a thorough cleanup is accomplished. Care will be taken to protect your landscaping and lawn, and the job site will be tidied each night.
Once the project is complete, your installer will meet with you to review the project and perform a final inspection. After determining the project meets your approval, any remaining questions will be answered. The Home Depot Installation Services team will also make a follow-up call to ensure your ongoing satisfaction.
ALWAYS QUALITY WORK
Every installer who works for you is experienced, highly skilled, licensed†, and back checked. You can be confident that you're getting quality workmanship.
RELIABLE AND WORRY-FREE
Our installers are committed professionals, backed by a name you can trust. The Home Depot ensures our installers have passed numerous background checks through our partnership with
- Trade license checks (where required by local legislation);
- Criminal background checks;
- and up-to-date Workers' Compensation Coverage.
YOUR RESULTS ARE GUARANTEED
Our #1 priority is your satisfaction. We stand behind your project with a guarantee†† as solid as The Home Depot.
Call, Click or Visit
- Call 1-800-HOME DEPOT
- Speak to an associate at a store near you for more info on Installation Services.
Easy Financing Options
We offer convenient, attractive financing options and we'll find the right one for you.
*Interest accrues from the purchase transaction date and will be waived if the purchase amount is paid in full by the plan expiration date. If not, interest will be charged at an Interest Rate of 28.8% per annum in accordance with the Cardholder Agreement. This offer is valid at The Home Depot Canada outside of Quebec. Offer not available to Quebec residents.
**There is no annual service fee and the retailer does not charge any plan administration fees.
†OAC. Financing provided by Home Depot Credit Services, a unit of Citi Cards Canada Inc.
The Home Depot for
- Always Quality Work
- Reliable and Worry-Free
- Your Results are Guaranteed
- Easy Financing Options