How We Help
Giving back is a core value at The Home Depot and is a passion for our associates.
Through Team Depot, our associate-led volunteer program, The Home Depot associates are encouraged and empowered to take a leadership role in the community.
From updating a youth shelter with a fresh coat of paint to improving storage solutions at a local transitional home to enhancing outdoor spaces, our associates work with local charities to improve the homes and lives of thousands of deserving Canadians in need.
Check out our associates in action on our In the Community page!
Board of Directors
The Home Depot Canada Foundation's Board of Directors consists of associates from The Home Depot who work in various capacities throughout the organization. They bring their specialized skills and expertise to the work of the Foundation.
||Vice President, Merchandising
|Sarah Qadeer||General Counsel, Home Depot of Canada Inc.|
||Regional Director of Operations, Western Canada
||Vice President, Supply Chain
||District Operations Manager, D230
||Director, Field Execution, Merchandising Services|
||Senior Director, Merchandising Hardlines
||District Manager, Toronto South|
|Ginny Hicks||Director, Marketing and Advertising|
Youth Advisory Committee
The Home Depot Canada Foundation partners with the Social Planning and Research Council in Hamilton, ON to work with youth from the Street Youth Planning Collaborative. They provide their insights on our Orange Door Awards and teach us that the voice of those with lived experience is an integral part of the work we do.
Our Youth Advisory Committee members are:
- Tyler Henderson
- Karrissa Horan-LaRoche
- Matthew Campbell
- Christelle Jean
Supplier Advisory Committee
The Home Depot Canada Foundation established a Supplier Advisory Committee to recognize the suppliers that generously support the Foundation and its mission. Members provide input and feedback on the Foundation’s ongoing plans and activities, which helps inform the general direction of the Foundation as well as program planning and execution.
Our Supplier Advisory Committee members are:
- Rob Cresswell, Behr Process Corp
- Mitch Dennehy, TTI Canada Inc
- Jason Matulic, CGC Inc
- Randy MacDonald, Alexandria Moulding
- Scott Anderson, Hillman Group
- John Gross, The Peak Group of Companies
- Barbara O’Reilly, Rheem
- Ben Sawatzky, Spruceland
- Cengiz Elmaagacli, Anatolia Tile
- Shelly Beach, Manulife Financial
- Kim Maguire, Canada Cartage System LP
- Peter Kiley, Oldcastle Inc
- Courtney McDowell, Canarm
- Lara Nathans, McCarthy Tetrault LLP
Associate Advisory Committee
The involvement and support of the Home Depot Canada’s associates is integral to The Home Depot Canada Foundation’s success. To that end, the Associate Advisory Committee exists to provide leadership and support to the Foundation and act as the voice of The Home Depot’s associate community.
Our Associate Advisory Committee members are:
- Yann Kerroch
- Rodrigo Reyes
- Andrew Trelford
- Justyna Metcalfe
- Tony Hill
- Kyle Ross
- Lynn Gosse
- Tim Straus
- Josh Bliss
- Herman Randawa
- Janna Mcneil
- Scott Grady
- Tom Heindl
- Robert Peters
- David Cotnam
- Julie- Lynne Gallant-Bourque
- Denise Ferreira
- Luke Tedford
Thought Leadership Council
The Home Depot Canada Foundation formed a Thought Leadership Council of stakeholders in the youth homelessness sector to help identify program priorities and to develop, execute and evaluate initiatives related to ending youth homelessness in Canada.
Our Thought Leadership Council members are:
- Dr. Stephen Gaetz, York University and the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness (Toronto, ON)
- Sheldon Pollett, Choices for Youth (St. John's, NL)
- Erika Morton, Social Planning & Research Council of Hamilton (Hamilton, ON)
- Kelly Holmes, RaY(Resource Assistance for Youth ) (Winnipeg, MB)
- David French, A Way Home Coalition National Initiatives (Toronto, ON)
- Melanie Redman, A Way Home Coalition National Initiatives (Toronto, ON)
Thank you to the many partners who supported the Foundation throughtout 2019. Your contributions enable us to support initiatives that will help prevent and end youth homelessness in Canada.