Major Appliance Delivery FAQ
The Home Depot offers delivery and basic hook-up of thousands of appliances to most areas in Canada within 3-5 business days of purchase.
- Some exceptions may apply. See a Store Associate or contact our Customer Support Team for details.
- Delivery and removal charges will apply.
Yes! But the haul-away item must be equal to the item being delivered (e.g. dishwasher for a dishwasher). You can choose between two types of haul away services:
1. Haul Away at Delivery
If you’re not having your new appliance professionally installed by The Home Depot, you can choose this option. You can pay a flat fee for a delivery person to haul away or relocate one or more old appliances. The flat fee will cover more than one appliance. You must disconnect old appliances before the delivery person arrives. They will bring your new appliance(s) into your home and haul away or relocate one or more old appliances. If old appliances are being relocated and not removed, the delivery person can move them but cannot reinstall.
2. Haul Away at Installation
If you have purchased a new appliance and paid for professional installation, you can also have old appliances hauled away during your installation appointment. The installation professional charges a per appliance fee for every appliance they haul away during your installation appointment.
We offer delivery and basic hook-up of the following free-standing electric appliances:
- Free-Standing Ranges
Not included in the delivery and basic hook-up are items listed below. To inquire about hook-up of these items please see an Appliance Associate for details about The Home Depot’s Home Services program.
- Range Hoods
- Wall Ovens
- Built-In Ranges and Slide-In Ranges
- Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens
- Built-In Gas Ranges
If the appliance arrives with visible damage, ask the delivery agent about the Save the Delivery process. Once explained if this is not something that is acceptable to you we recommend that you refuse the delivery and indicated ‘refused due to damage’ on the bill of lading (BOL). Otherwise you have up to 48 hours to notify us of any concealed damage. If you notice a defect (not damage) in the appliance after the 48 hours, this becomes a warranty issue. Please call the manufacturer’s warranty line. The appliance comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. In addition, you may choose to purchase an Extended Service Plan at any time within the first year.
The Home Depot Canada offers The Home Depot Extended Service Plan (ESP). The ESP offers 4 years of extended service coverage on products beyond the manufacturer’s warranty on all major appliances. The Home Depot is partnered with one of the nation’s leading providers of Extended Service Plans. Comerco Services Inc. (CSI) is our service provider supplying The Home Depot’s ESP. Coverage extends the manufacturer’s warranty for the period of the ESP.
- Parts and Labour Coverage – Mechanical and electrical failure.
- Toll-Free Customer Assistance – Quick, fast and hassle-free.
- In-Home or Pick-up and Delivery – On all products which have in-home service during Manufacturer’s warranty period.
- Nationwide Service – Our providers have a nationwide network of authorized service centres to service customers anywhere in Canada.
- A No-Lemon Guarantee – Customer purchases are also protected with a No-Lemon Guarantee. The product will be replaced if it fails to operate on 3 separate occasions as a result of failure of the same component (see terms and conditions for details). Replacement will be done upon verification of the third failure.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction – If we can’t repair it, we will replace it.
- Fully Insured Plans – ESP plans are fully insured by an insurance company licensed in Canada.
- Transferable Coverage – ESP plans are transferable at no charge to a new owner. The ESP follows the product, not the customer.
- Food Spoilage - $250 for the freezer section of a fridge and $500 for a standalone freezer.
- Surge Protection – We will repair or replace the unit if it has been damaged due to problems caused by electrical surges.