There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Our Deck installers are rated:
All figures based on 2021 Canada-wide averages.
Why Should You Get Your Deck Repaired?
Avoid accidents and further damages to your home’s deck or porch by hiring a Local Pro for a comprehensive repair or replacement service. Our Local Pros handle all sorts of deck repair, including vinyl deck repair, fiberglass deck repair, and wood deck repair.
Treat Damaged or Rotting Wood
Deteriorating wood is a recipe for disaster. Think accidents, splinters, an unstable deck, and even structural damage to your home.
Avoid Costly Future Repairs
Ignoring smaller repairs over time can lead to one big costly repair appointment or even the need to completely replace your deck.
Make Your Deck Last
Avoid costly repairs through regular maintenance and have your deck last for years to come.
Making sure your deck is in tip-top shape can prevent accidents altogether so you can focus on enjoying your deck or patio worry-free.
Why Choose Local Pros
Hire From A Network of Pros
Hiring from our network ensures you get your job done by the best of the best, no matter who you end up choosing.
All Local Pros are independently background checked - licensed and experienced for the job.
Rated and Reviewed
All Local Pros are trusted professionals who are rated and reviewed by homeowners like you.
How It Works
1 Complete your request form
- Enter your contact information and tell us more details about the job you’d like done.
2 View Pros in Your Area
- After submitting a request, you will be contacted by up to three Local Pros based on your job request. Compare their credentials, ask questions, discuss availability, and obtain a quote.
3 Select Pro & Schedule Installation
- Once you’ve decided on the Pro you want - hire the Local Pro that fulfills your criteria.
4 Get Your Job Completed
- After the job is complete, leave a review to share your experience of how it went, and help fortify our network of great Local Pros.
Signs You Need Your Deck Repaired
✔ Rotten joists, beams, or decking
✔ Unsecure/bowing boards
✔ Improper concrete piles
✔ Cracking or discolouration
✔ Uneven/sloping deck
✔ Rusted or broken hardware
If your joists are rotten, your deck will likely need replacing, while loose railing indicates the need for rail replacement or securing. Connect with a Local Pro for further information.
Things You Can Do to Maintain Your Deck
The average lifespan of a deck is an average of 10 - 15 years, but this ultimately depends on the material of your deck, how well it is built, and how you maintain it. There are many things you can do to maintain your deck regularly to promote longevity, which includes:
- Clean your deck regularly by scrubbing, applying a suitable cleaner, and power washing
- Stain your deck to refresh it and help it withstand the elements
- Make repairs immediately
- Clear any debris off the deck
Ideas & How-to
Frequently Asked Questions
- Minor deck repairs can cost $200 and major repairs can cost upwards of thousands of dollars
- Your deck repair cost will depend on the material, the extent of the repair, and how much labor will be required
- If the price of the repairs is 50% of the decks worth, replacement is usually recommended
- Repairing minor damage before it becomes something more significant can save you money, prevent further issues in the future, and keep your home and the people in it safe
- The time it takes to repair a deck will depend on the nature of the repair itself, however, it generally takes 3+ hours
- Your patio deck repair service can include discussing the issues regarding your deck, repair of the deck and its railings, reinforcing concrete piles, dealing with posts, using appropriate sealers, replacing hardware, and cleanup
- Your Local Pro will discuss the general scope of the job during your consultation, and inspect and evaluate your deck in person before giving you a quote
"Had a wood railing installed on outdoor concrete steps. Work was completed quickly, finished very nicely and reasonably priced. Great experience to deal with Enrico."
"Kim installed Railblazers railings from Home Depot for us. He was extremely professional and skilled. Was a pleasure to work with. Would recommend him for sure."
"We had the deck boards replaced as many were rotten, but the substrate was in good condition. We also had new railings installed and specialty steps built."
"Dominick was very professional, on time and accommoding. When he came to give us a quote, he had pictures of the finished product and took the time to explain how he would complete the installation. At no time did we feel any pressure to use his service. We are very pleased with the finished railing and would highly recommend Dominick to anyone else."