There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Don’t replace Your Door, Remodel It!
Adding decorative door glass inserts, installed by The Home Depot Canada, can improve your home’s curb appeal, bring in natural light and greet visitors with the perfect first impression. Available in different sizes and styles, there are door inserts available to suit any Front Door or Patio Door.
1/3 the Price of a New Door
Save money by keeping your existing door, while improving the curb appeal of your home.
A brand-new door installation can take several hours in addition to the post painting of the trim and door.
Send a Photo for Your Consultation
Email or text a photo of your door and our door consultants will provide door insert options and pricing.
Glass Door Insert Installation Process
1 Request a Quote
- Request a Consultation online to begin your Glass Door Insert Installation process
- A Home Depot Installer will give you a call within 48 hours of receiving the request. Please provide a phone number and e-mail address
2 Professional Installation
- At a pre-scheduled time, the Installer will arrive to deliver your new door glass inserts and complete the installation
- They will take your existing door(s) and/or sidelights down, install the new glass inserts, re-install the door and dispose of any door components that are no longer needed
3 Follow-Up Inspection
- Upon completion, your Installer will inspect your newly upgraded exterior doors and confirm that the new door glass inserts have been installed to your satisfaction
There are many ways you can update your door glass inserts at The Home Depot.
Why Choose Home Depot
We've got you covered.
Take the hassle out of your next Glass Door Insert Installation. The Home Depot Canada does it all for you with professional, insured installers and guaranteed results, all backed by a 1-year warranty.
Our team consists of licensed Home Depot Installers who have passed background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
We provide flexible financing options that will help you better manage your budget for your home improvement projects with The Home Depot Consumer Card and The Home Depot Project Loan.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A door remodel with the installation of glass exterior door inserts is typically about a third of the price of having a new exterior door installed
- In addition to cost savings, there can be a significant time savings as well. A new door installation usually takes several hours plus additional time to paint the new door and trim. Installing exterior door glass inserts takes as little as one hour and there is no post work needed
- No matter the size of the door (in width and height) there are hundreds of decorative door glass inserts that can be installed into every door
- No matter the size of the door (in width and height) there are hundreds of front door glass insert designs that can be installed into every exterior door
- A typical installation of door glass inserts takes roughly 45 minutes per door glass insert panel
- If you want door glass inserts for a front door with 2 sidelights, it will take the Home Depot roughly 2.5 hours to install your new exterior door glass inserts
- All installations of door glass inserts are completed at the customer’s home
- For installing door window inserts, Home Depot Installers use an on-site, self-contained mobile workstation that provides its own power. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
- A Home Depot installer can assess the suitability of door glass inserts for your exterior doors without the need for a scheduled, in-home consultation. Simply send us a photo of your existing door, by email or text message
- Once we receive your picture, our door consultants will walk you through your options, over the phone or email, and provide a cost estimate for your stained glass door inserts or front door glass insert installation project
No offers currently available.
Glass Door Insert Installation from The Home Depot
Boost curb appeal, refresh your home’s exterior and shine some light into your front entrance with new door glass inserts for your exterior doors, installed by a trusted Home Depot Installer. Door window inserts are a cost-effective solution for homeowners seeking an exciting new look for their home’s front door, side door or patio door.
Save Time and Money
Purchasing all-new exterior doors can be an appealing but costly solution. Choosing the installation of exterior door glass inserts is a quicker solution, as installers are often able to complete the front door glass insert installation job in an hour. Because it’s both a less labour-and material- intensive job than a full exterior door installation, it saves time and money. It’s an excellent alternative when replacing the whole door is not considered necessary.
Choose Your Style
Door glass inserts are available in a full range of sizes, styles and colours. Ask about decorative door glass inserts or stained glass door inserts. Decide how many door inserts you want installed, or what size. Exterior door glass inserts can be made to run the entire length of the door or serve as decoration for just the top half or quarter.
For More Than Just Doors
Exterior door glass inserts are available for more than just the exterior door itself. Consider upgrading sidelights with similar inserts to match your new front door window inserts or choose glass inserts for just the sidelights. Whichever front door glass insert options you think are best suited for the style of your home or your personal taste, a Home Depot Installer can help with your door glass inserts project.