There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
All figures based on 2022 Canada-wide averages.
When Is Patio Door Installation the Right Choice For You?
✔ You want to let more light into your living space.
✔ You want all-new patio doors that are easy to use.
✔ You want to improve energy efficiency.
✔ You want a change of style from your existing doors.
✔ You want doors that save space (sliding vs. hinged options).
✔ You need patio doors as part of a larger renovation project.
What’s Included In Your Patio Door Installation Project?
✔ All-new patio doors, available in a range of styles to match your needs and budget.
✔ A free, no-obligation quote for your entire project.
✔ Discuss patio door options with our expert installers during your free consultation.
✔ Licenced, background-checked Home Depot Installers.
✔ A Home Depot backed 1-year labour warranty.
✔ Flexible Financing with Project Loan – Credit available for up to $50,000. No annual fees.
Energy Rebates For Door Installation
Up to $5,000 in Canada Greener Homes Grant rebates to help cover the cost of window and doors
Up to $600 in Canada Greener Homes Grant rebates for the cost of your pre and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation
10-yr Interest-free Canada Greener Homes Loan of Up to $40,000 for eligible pre-retrofit applicants term (for owners with active application at pre-retrofit stage) *
Basic Grant Eligibility Requirements
✔ Canadian homeowner with proof your home is your primary residence.
✔ You have not already started your eligible project.
✔ Your home is older than 6 months.
✔ You are not a landlord.
*One loan per homeowner; must be eligible and apply for Greener Homes Grant
How Patio Door Installation Works
You have two options for your door installation project.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for The Canada Greener Homes Grant, or you require emergency Patio Door replacement, please review our installation process and submit your request for a free consultation.
Installation with Grant
1 Free Consultation
- Your project begins with a free consultation to help you select the best features for your new patio doors, including the best energy efficient options as approved by the NRCan list of eligible products
- The Installer will also guide you step by step through the entire Canada Greener Homes Grant application process for a hassle-free experience
- At the end of your free consultation, you’ll receive a quote for the cost of your entire project
2 Pre-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation
- After your free consultation, an official NRCan Energy Advisor will contact you to schedule a government-mandated pre-installation EnerGuide Evaluation
- The Energy Advisor will visit your home to evaluate your home’s heating and cooling efficiency
- Our Home Depot Installer will also guide you through submitting your pre-retrofit EnerGuide Report along with supporting documents for your Greener Homes Grant application
3 Professional Front Door Installation
- Installation includes removal and disposal of your old patio doors*
- After installation, an official NRCan Energy Advisor will contact you to schedule your post retrofit (post-installation) EnerGuide Evaluation
- The Energy Advisor will also guide you through submitting your post-retrofit EnerGuide Evaluation
- After your new patio doors have been installed and inspected, we’ll provide you with helpful recommendations for proper maintenance
- Your installation is also protected by our 1-year labour guarantee
- Please note that processing times for provincial and federal Canada Greener Homes Grant rebates may vary
Installation without Grant
1 Free Consultation
- Book a free appointment with a Home Depot Installer to discuss your patio door options
- The Installer will take measurements and provide a detailed quote for your project
2 Professional Installation
- At a pre-scheduled time, the Installer will deliver your new patio doors and complete the installation
- They will remove your existing patio doors and install the new ones
3 Follow-Up Inspection
- Upon completion, your Installer will inspect your new doors and confirm that the project meets your approval
- They will haul away your old patio doors for safe disposal
Upgrade Your Space With New Patio Doors
With a new set of patio doors, professionally installed by The Home Depot Home Services, here are some of the options available to you:
Why Choose Home Depot
The Home Depot Canada offers high-quality patio doors in a wide variety of styles to match the needs of your home. All patio door installations are backed by a one-year parts and labour warranty.
Our team consists of licensed Home Depot Installers who have passed background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
Financing Available with Project Loan
Boost efficiency, security, convenience and curb appeal with new patio doors. Project Loan offers you the budget and flexibility to get the job done. Credit available for up to $50,000. No annual fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Across Canada, the average patio door installation cost is $2,100 for a two-panel, pre-hung sliding door, tax excluded.
- The exact cost for your patio door installation will depend on the number and types of patio doors you want installed, as well as the scope of your patio door installation project.
- Please visit our Doors Cost Guide to find out more about patio door installation costs.
- Most patio door installations can be completed within the same day; however, some patio door installation projects requiring multiple doors or additional work, such as changing the size of the door openings, may take longer.
- Please ask your patio door installer about expected delivery times for your new doors, as it may vary according to availability.
- Vinyl and aluminum patio doors from Home Depot Installers are all highly durable, lightweight, affordable and energy-efficient products that offer excellent quality and value.
- Vinyl and aluminum each have their own pros and cons. For instance, aluminum is a sturdy material but is more prone to denting, while vinyl can sometimes crack in extreme temperature shifts.
- Whether vinyl, wood or aluminum, all patio doors from Home Depot Installers are ENERGY STAR®-rated, regardless of the doors you choose.
- All of the patio doors we install are constructed with insulated frames and high-efficiency double- or triple-paned glass to provide excellent energy efficiency.
- Patio doors are designed with durable materials and can last up to 30 years.
- Consider replacing a patio door if your current one no longer prevents drafts and heat loss, has become difficult to open and close, or is showing other signs of wear and tear such as cracks, corrosion and dents.
- Sliding patio doors and french patio doors are both excellent options, and each can be uniquely suited for the needs of your home. Your patio door installer can help you weigh your options.
- By choosing sliding patio door installation, you can allow more light into your living space and take up less space to open and close; however, some homeowners may prefer the elegant appearance and simple functionality of french doors.
- The best sliding patio door installation options will depend on your needs and budget. Fortunately, Home Depot Installers offer a full range of options, in a variety of styles, colours and configurations.
- During your free, in-home consultation, your patio door installer will recommend the sliding doors that are right for your installation project.
- First, consider the type of patio door you want, such as whether you want sliding doors, french patio doors or other options.
- Cost, style and colour, material (such as vinyl, wood or aluminum), and energy efficiency are all important to keep in mind. During your free consultation, your patio door installer will help you explore your options and find the right patio doors for your home.
- New patio doors from the Home Depot are made with double- and even triple-paned glass, which is energy efficient and does not break easily.
- All new patio door installations come with standard 1-year parts and labour warranty, and some of our manufacturers offer product coverage of up to 20 years. Ask your patio door installer about your standard and extended warranty options for your new doors.
- The Home Depot’s patio door installers can install french doors in place of your existing sliding patio doors. We offer a full range of sliding and french patio door options for your installation project.
- Ask your patio door installer about any additional time and cost considerations if your current patio door openings need to be adjusted to fit your new doors.
Canada Greener Homes Grant Questions
- Please submit your request for a free consultation and our authorized installers will contact you to discuss your eligible project and provide information on provincial and national Canada Greener Homes Grant
- There is no fee to apply for the Canada Greener Homes Grant
- Eligible applicants are required to pay a fee for the mandatory EnerGuide Evaluation
- The Canada Greener Homes grant offers eligible applicants up to $600 to cover the cost of your pre and post retrofit EnerGuide Evaluation
- Yes, an Energy Advisor registered with Natural Resources Canada will charge a fee for the pre- and post-retrofit evaluations
- Up to $600 Canada Greener Homes Grant is available for the cost of your pre and post retrofit EnerGuide evaluation
- No. Homeowners are required to register for the program and then, if eligible, submit their pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations, as well as receipts and other supporting documents
- While The Home Depot cannot submit an application on behalf of our customers, your installer will guide you through all available Greener Homes Grant options and offer helpful recommendations through each step of the application process
- Our expert installers are highly rated for their workmanship, expertise and experience by
- If you have already installed new patio doors you will not be eligible for the Canada Greener Homes Grant
- Homeowners who have already completed retrofits without the mandatory pre- and post- retrofit EnerGuide evaluations are not eligible for the Canada Greener Homes Grant or Loan
- An EnerGuide evaluation is a technical audit of your home’s heating and cooling efficiency, as rated by an Energy Advisor, registered with Natural Resources Canada
- The EnerGuide Evaluation will provide recommendations so you can decide which retrofits work best for your budget and project plans.
- A pre and post installation EnerGuide Evaluation is required to apply for the Canada Greener Homes Grant
Patio Door Installation From The Home Depot
Replace your sliding doors with new, energy-efficient ones, professionally installed by The Home Depot Home Services.
A Wide Selection of Styles and Colours
Replacing a patio door, you get to choose from a full range of high-quality patio door styles and designs, from beautiful french doors and easy-to-use one-way or two-way sliding doors and more. A full spectrum of colours and styles are available to match your home and style preferences. During your free consultation, our patio door installers will go over your options for sliding glass door installation or exterior french door installation and help you choose and configure your new doors.
Energy Efficient Patio Doors
Replacing a patio door gives you the opportunity to boost energy efficiency in your home. Sliding glass door installation gives you the choice of products made with insulated, double- or triple-paned replacement patio doors, which means you can drastically reduce heat loss, saving money and improving comfort all year round.
No-Fuss Patio Door Installation
Book your free in-home or virtual consultation with an experienced patio door installer from The Home Depot Home Services to measure your patio door entrances and discuss replacing a patio door with a product that is well-matched for your home and budget. Many patio doors come in standard sizes, pre-hung in frames that can be installed quickly and easily. Whether wish to install exterior french doors or choose sliding glass door installation for your replacement patio doors, let our Home Depot Installers take care of your project – and get it done right.