There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
All figures based on 2020 Canada-wide averages.
Why should I Install Vinyl Flooring?
Refresh your home decor with vinyl flooring – a durable and versatile material that can also give your floors the luxurious aesthetic you’ve always dreamed!
The Look of Wood and Stone on a Budget
Find the perfect shade and style to compliment your décor with over 200 design possibilities in tile, plank and sheet formats.
Waterproof, Durable and Easy to Maintain
Luxury vinyl is 100% waterproof and scratch-resistant, making it ideal for homes with pets and moisture-prone rooms like kitchens and bathrooms.
Economical and Luxurious
In contrast, luxury vinyl is less costly to install per square foot than traditional wood flooring and requires less maintenance than stone or wood floors.
Eco-Friendly Life Cycle
Our luxury vinyl flooring selection includes nontoxic vinyl floor planks that are stylish, durable, and environmentally safe. Ask your installer about our eco-friendly flooring options.
What To Expect With Your Installation
- Free Design Consultation: A free virtual consultation to discuss materials, design, and labour costs, including a no-obligation quote for your entire flooring project.
- Licensed Installers: Each of our vinyl flooring specialists is licensed and background checked.
- Luxury Vinyl Flooring: Explore over 200 luxury vinyl flooring products (vinyl plank flooring, sheet, or tile) in a variety of styles and shades.
- 1-yr Warranty Protection: The Home Depot Guarantee provides you with a 1-year labour warranty on your vinyl floor installation in addition to the product warranty.
- Thorough Site Cleanup: Thorough cleanup of all tools, material and debris upon completion.
- Flexible Financing: Up to $50,000 in credit available to finance your entire project through The Home Depot Project Loan – and no annual fees! CTA: Learn More
Virtual Consultation Process
1 Virtual Design Consultation
- Submit your online request form and our Installer will respond within 24-48hrs to schedule your free virtual consultation. During your free consultation, your Installer will carefully explain your flooring options, budget, and financing options. An email link to our virtual visualizer tool will also be included to help you find the ideal finish and colour for your new vinyl floors.
2 Pre-installation Appointment
- Prior to the installation, our Installer will need to obtain accurate measurements of your flooring. You can request either an in-person visit to your home or a virtual measure appointment. Once you are pleased with your selection, the Installer will request a small deposit towards the procurement of your new floors.
3 Floor Installation
- After your measurement appointment, the Installer will return at your convenience to install your choice of flooring. Upon completion, a thorough site cleanup and inspection will also be performed to ensure you are satisfied with the work.
Refresh your home’s interiors with durable, affordable vinyl flooring from The Home Depot.
Ideas & How-to
Why Choose Home Depot
We've got you covered.
Quick and Easy Flooring
With professional Vinyl Flooring Installation Services from The Home Depot, your satisfaction is guaranteed. Stylish, waterproof and durable, vinyl flooring installation is a budget-friendly way to add value to your home.
Our team consists of fully licensed Home Depot Installers who have passed mandatory background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
Manage your budget and unexpected expenses with financing from The Home Depot. Our Project Loan may provide up to $50,000 in credit with no annual fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing luxury vinyl plank installation is a great way to achieve the look of wood flooring at a more affordable price.
- Vinyl installation is also suitable for all areas of the home, including bathrooms and kitchens.
- Being water-resistant and easy to clean and maintain also makes it a smart option for homes with pets and young children.
- Yes. Luxury vinyl flooring is made of materials that are 100% waterproof. Installing vinyl plank flooring means choosing a product that is easy to clean and less susceptible to damage from spills or repeated exposure to water and moisture.
You can find the following types of luxury vinyl flooring available at The Home Depot:
- Vinyl Plank Flooring: Vinyl plank flooring is easily installed with click-lock connections and pre-attached underlayment. Transform any room of your home with stunning vinyl flooring that mirrors the look of wood or natural stone.
- Sheet Vinyl Flooring: Sheet vinyl can be rolled out and glued over existing floors, greatly reducing the labour and cost of your floor renovation.
- Vinyl Tile: Vinyl floor tiles are among the most common type used in flooring renovation projects. They can be installed in any room of your home, but vinyl tiles do not include a pre-attached underlayment.
Our vinyl flooring installers are experts in the different types of vinyl flooring and their unique features. Consult with your installer to find the ideal match for your home!
Yes. The Home Depot is the first major retailer in North America to offer phthalate-free vinyl flooring products. TrafficMaster, Lifeproof, and Home Decorators are some of the eco-friendly vinyl plank flooring brands we offer.
Professionally installed and properly maintained, vinyl flooring is highly durable and can last up to 25 years.
Vinyl flooring is designed with a base layer, making the need for underlayment obsolete in most cases. A damp or uneven subfloor, however, is not ideal for installing new vinyl floors and may need to be properly treated before a successful installation can be completed. Discuss your flooring project with our expert Installers to find the right solution for you.
Yes! If the concrete flooring in your basement or bathroom, for example, is smooth, even, and dry, you can install sheet vinyl or vinyl planks. Inspect your concrete flooring for flaws and repair any holes before you install new luxury vinyl. Our professional Installers will discuss your needs in detail during your pre-inspection.
Installing vinyl flooring requires materials and labour. The cost of installing new vinyl floors can vary depending on the square footage and the condition of your existing floors.
Our Installers or in-store associate can give you more details.
Vinyl flooring installation can be carried out directly on top of your subfloor, but this depends on your subfloor. Our professional Installers will help you choose the right product and solutions for the job.
Adding underlayment with your vinyl installation also helps to reduce noise and keep the floor warmer in cold weather.
- Vinyl flooring installation typically takes between 1-2 days to complete, depending on the size of the job and the amount of floor preparation required.
- Some types of vinyl flooring need a few days to acclimatise to the temperature and humidity in your home prior to vinyl flooring installation. This process minimizes expanding and contracting after installation.
- As part of your project, we’ll order your products and coordinate the delivery a few days ahead of time to allow for this acclimatisation period.
- After your vinyl flooring installation, your new floor will be ready to go.
- If an adhesive product was used during install, the adhesive will time to cure based on manufacturing guidelines.
- By installing vinyl flooring, you are choosing a water resistant and highly durable material that is among the easiest flooring options to maintain and clean.
- With vinyl flooring, you can vacuum dirt and debris, mop up spills and tackle hard-to-remove dirt as needed.
- Luxury vinyl can be cleaned using traditional methods like sweeping and soap and water. However, the manufactures can recommend the best cleaning products for your vinyl flooring if required.
Both floors are good but…
- Vinyl plank flooring, or any type of vinyl flooring, has a better lifespan and provides more water resistance compared to laminate flooring.
- Vinyl flooring is suitable for any room of the house, especially for moisture-prone rooms and other damp areas, while laminate flooring does not fare well in kitchens, bathrooms, or mudrooms.
- Yes. The Home Depot offers flexible financing at competitive rates, through The Home Depot Credit Card and The Home Depot Project Loan, to help you manage the cost of your vinyl flooring installation service.
No offers currently available.
Vinyl Flooring Installation Services from The Home Depot Home Services
For vinyl flooring installation, trust the professionals at The Home Depot Home Services to get the job done right. Installing vinyl plank flooring is an excellent, affordable choice, because installing vinyl plank flooring gives the look of hardwood or tile. As well, vinyl flooring installation offers added durability.
Vinyl plank installation is 100 per cent waterproof, making it an excellent choice for kitchens, bathrooms and basements. Choose vinyl plank installation to mimic hardwood, or consider vinyl tile installation as an alternative to stone or ceramic tile. Vinyl tile installation gives the appearance of stone without the price.
Request a FREE, in-home consultation to get an estimate for your vinyl flooring installation. Find out the cost to install vinyl flooring in your home, and learn why installing vinyl plank flooring is the right investment for your home.