There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Why Choose The Home Depot’s AC Repair Service?
✔ Protect Your Investment
Schedule AC maintenance to ensure your system continues to run smoothly. Most HVAC systems are expected to last up to 20 years with regular service.
✔ Certified Installers
Our professionals can expertly identify problems through your home air conditioner repair and are background-checked and licensed, with experience to complete any repair and maintenance project.
✔ We Repair All Brands and Models
The Home Depot’s home AC repair service repairs all brands and models of air conditioner HVAC systems, including central and ductless air conditioners.
✔ 21-Point Inspection
We offer a 21-point inspection that will review all aspects of your central air repair service.
✔ Warranty and Upfront Pricing
Your installation is backed by a 1-year labour warranty, with ability to extend warranty for up to 10 years. We offer a 90-day guarantee for any parts replaced during repair.
✔ Energy Efficiency
We help you prioritize energy efficiency. Our repair and maintenance service allows you to maintain your AC long-term and consider potential upgrades.
1 Diagnostics Appointment
- Your Installer will arrive at your pre-set appointment time and ask questions about your AC unit, whether it concerns central air conditioner repair or AC unit repair
- The Installer will discuss their findings with you, as well as your options (fix, repair, or replace) and the cost of the job
- Then, they will draft a work order and get your consent
- If you prefer to book your repair appointment for another time after diagnostics, that can be done as well
- Your Installer will perform the work, test the AC, and reassure you of the repair
- They will then put the equipment back to its original state
4 Final Inspection
- The Installer will wipe down and disinfect the area, then validate that everything is in working condition
Have You Checked?
HVAC Troubleshooting Before Your Consultation
Before booking a consultation with our air conditioner specialists, it’s important to make sure your problem is not just a quick fix. Here is a checklist to run through before making an appointment.
- Check your breaker (check the AC on/off switch, make sure circuit breakers are on)
- Examine your thermostat (make sure your system is set to “heat” or “cool” and that the set temperature is high or low enough to trigger the system)
- Check and replace your air filter
- Check any vents, ducts, and grills in case of blockage
- Check the batteries
- Check the outside unit (test the temperature and efficiency - place a thermometer on the supply register, take a reading at the return vent)
- Melt any ice
To learn more, read our guide on HVAC systems & troubleshooting.
Why Choose Home Depot
Professional Repairs and Maintenance
Enjoy peace of mind with our air conditioning repair service and guaranteed and certified licensed technicians, every time.
Our team consists of licensed Home Depot Installers who have passed background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
We provide flexible financing options that will help you better manage your budget for your home improvement projects with The Home Depot Consumer Card and The Home Depot Project Loan.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Warning signs like warm air, poor airflow, water leaks, high humidity, bad odours, and unusual noises signal that you may want to contact someone for central AC repair
- A professional diagnosis will determine whether these signs indicate irreparability and that you need a replacement. It’s always best to consult an expert, in case your air conditioner can simply be repaired
- Repair for a typical HVAC system, including an air conditioner, will depend on several factors. This could include the part that needs to be replaced, the amount of time needed to make the repair, and whether parts and/or labour are covered under warranty
- A Home Depot licensed HVAC Installer will provide a professional recommendation and estimate of your air conditioning repair before any work is done
- The Home Depot offers basic to high-range pricing. See our cost chart above for estimates
- In addition to your diagnostics and assessment, it will take approximately 4 to 8 hours to repair your air conditioner. This also depends on the nature of your repair
- Your Installer can provide a more accurate repair time after your consultation
- HVAC repair is the best first option for an older air conditioner that is not functioning properly
- Most HVAC systems, including an air conditioner, are expected to last 10-20 years with regular servicing. A 7-year-old air conditioner would only be halfway through its product life cycle and may still be under warranty
- Some common signs of wear and tear include a louder than normal unit, leaking around the outside unit, air coming into the home that isn’t cool enough, or if your system constantly turns on and off, wasting valuable energy and costing you money
- If you experience any of these issues, it may be time to schedule maintenance or central air repair
- After a professional diagnosis, your Installer can determine whether your air conditioner needs to be replaced
- Scheduling annual or bi-annual service appointments is the best way to protect your air conditioner
- Booking regular maintenance appointment means ensuring your system is running smoothly, and getting problems identified quickly to prevent them from getting worse
- To fortify your air conditioner, you can do things like change out your air filters once every 3-6 months, ensure that your outside unit is unobstructed, and keep all indoor vents clear of blockage to help the long-term health of your HVAC unit
- Ensure a clutter-free environment so the technician can access the equipment
- Make sure there is accessibility to the outdoor unit and no locks on the gates to the backyard