There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
About Custom Blinds, Shades, Shutters & Installation
With over 20,000 satisfied customers across Canada, trust the professionals with Custom Blinds, Shades, Shutters & Installation from The Home Depot Home Services.
Our Installers are licensed and background-checked, delivering high-quality custom products featuring cutting-edge design and technology.
Transform your home with custom blinds, shades and shutters.
Custom Blinds, Shades, Shutters & Installation Process
1 Free In-Home Consultation
- Use our online request form to book a free in-home consultation
- A Home Depot Design Consultant will visit your home, take measurements, discuss design options and provide an estimate
2 Measurements Taken
- At a later, pre-scheduled appointment, a Home Depot Installer will take measurements and order your custom blinds, shades and shutters
- When the order is ready, the Installer will contact you to schedule installation
3 Blinds Installation
- At the pre-scheduled time, the Installer will deliver and install your new custom blinds, shades and shutters
- The Installer will conduct a thorough cleanup and inspection once the job is done
Automated Blinds Installation: A “Smart” Solution for Your Home
When planning your custom window blinds installation, think about investing in automated or “smart” options. Here's why:
Improved Light Control and Comfort
Motorized blinds installation allows you not only to control them remotely, but also to program when they’re open or closed. On hot days, you can adjust how much sunlight to allow into your home. By keeping blinds shut during peak periods, it becomes easier to regulate temperature inside your home
Motorized blinds installation enables you to fine-tune your automated blinds with even greater precision, through an app on your phone! Smart home systems can be equipped with sensors and timers to help adjust the positioning of your window coverings according to changes in light and temperature. This allows you improved ability to optimize the amount of light and solar energy entering your home, meaning your heating and cooling system doesn’t have to work as hard – and you save both energy and money
Convenience and Safety
With motorized or automated blinds, you can finally do away with dangling cords. It’s more convenient because you can control them remotely or even from your phone. But choosing cordless blinds installation means removing a potential hazard in your home of particular concern if you have young children or pets living in your home
Security & Privacy
Motorized blinds installation lets your window coverings serve as a means of preventing people from seeing into your house. Installing motorized blinds also allows you to control your blinds remotely or time them to adjust themselves while you’re away, which can help your home appear to passersby as if you’re home even when you’re not
Request a consultation with a Home Depot Installer today and inquire about automated options for your custom blinds installation.
Why Choose Home Depot
We've got you covered.
Available in a wide variety of styles, custom blinds, shades and shutters can really tie a room together. Get them installed by The Home Depot Canada with professional, insured installers and guaranteed results, all backed by a 1-year warranty.
Our team consists of licensed Home Depot Installers who have passed background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
We provide flexible financing options that can help you better manage your budget for your home improvement projects with The Home Depot Consumer Card and The Home Depot Project Loan.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Blinds are typically slatted in design and made out of harder materials like wood, faux-wood, aluminum, or vinyl
- Shades are usually made of softer materials such as fabrics and generally offer less control over light levels than blinds
- Shutters, like blinds, have a similar slatted construction; however, they are built in a solid frame and can’t be raised or lowered
- Once you’ve had your free, in-home consultation with a Home Depot Installer and window measurements have been recorded and confirmed, your blinds installation can be done in as little as two weeks
- Actual timelines may vary according to the Installer’s schedule and product availability
- The cost will depend on the number of windows, as well as the sizes, materials and styles of blinds you choose
- Ordering custom blinds, shades and shutters, however, gives you a wider range of choices available to suit all budgets
- While plenty of options are available for purchase in-store, choosing custom blinds installation offers a broader range of styles, colours, brands and materials, sized to fit your windows, tailored to match your budget and professionally installed to your satisfaction
- Yes. You can speak with a Home Depot Associate to arrange installation for any in-stock blinds, shades or shutters purchased in our stores
- The Home Depot carries several products that include cordless or motorized blinds installation options that are a safer choice for children and pets
- Available programmable and “smart” blinds allow you to control light levels in your home when you’re not even there, while other options can improve insulation around your windows
- Ask your in-home consultant about a variety of available custom options to help keep your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter
* Off our current ticketed prices. See store associate for details.
** Offer valid through The Home Depot Home Services in Canada only. Discount not applicable to the labour component of this service. Not valid in combination with any other offer or Local Pro. Offer valid on contracts signed between February 27 and March 11, 2020. Installation must be completed by July 11, 2020. Offer for single-family residential homes only. Certain conditions may apply. See store associate for details. PE918518