Overview of the Service
A well functioning, maintained roof heads off leaks, increases energy efficiency and is a beautiful crowning touch to your home.
Why should you choose to have it installed by The Home Depot?
The Home Depot roofing experts are skilled, certified and insured Installation Services professionals whose work is guaranteed. They will come to you, analyze your entire roofing system – whether flat or sloped – and provide a free estimate, help you select roofing product, and look after every detail related to removing your old roofing and installing a new one.
Note too that all of our roofing experts hold Pro Field Guide Certifications (this is the professional designation for top-notch, factory-certified contractors in North America), and are experts in the field, so you can be confident in your choice of The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, for your roofing project. Quality workmanship is a priority and part of our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction.
Why should you install this Product?
Your roof can’t protect the interior of your home if the shingles are missing, loose, curling, cracked or compromised by algae. Damaged or missing flashing, rotting fascia and decks are also clues it’s time for repair. A new roof provides more than protection; it improves ventilation, energy efficiency and ups the curb appeal of your home.
How to tell if you need a new Roof?
Watch for these signs you may need a roof replacement:
- Leaking roof in the attic or top floor
- Temperature inconsistencies in your home’s interior
- Water stains on ceilings
- Blistering or peeling paint and plaster on ceilings or walls
- Excessive shingle debris in gutters or lawns
- Shingles buckling, curling or blistering
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
Trust that a Home Depot Installation Services expert can help you identify potential problems with your current roof – book a free in-home consultation now! Call 1-800-HOME DEPOT (1-800-466-3337), or you can request a quote online and within two days we will contact you to book a free in-home consultation.
Know the Causes of Roofing Damage
A sound roof protects your home and your family, but because your roof is constantly exposed to fluctuating weather and environmental conditions, it’s bound to age. Here are some common sources of roofing wear and tear, and the consequences:
- The sun’s heat and ultraviolet rays: They age roofing materials, especially on west and south surfaces.
- Rainwater under shingles: This causes rot and threatens the structural integrity of your roof.
- High winds: These can lift shingles and force water and debris underneath.
- Melting snow: When temperatures rise and climb, refreezing of water can block drainage into gutters and allow water to enter under roofing materials and then inside your home.
- Tree branches: These can damage shingles. Leaves on the roof and in gutters can also hold moisture and cause rot and poor drainage.
- Missing or torn shingles: This makes it easier for remaining shingles to rip or be blown off, making it easier for moisture to enter and damage the interior roof structure, as well as leak into your home’s interior too.
Did you Know? …Good Ventilation Extends Roof Life
The lifespan of a new roof is often dramatically less than expected. Ever wonder why? The answer is ventilation. A well-balanced attic ventilation system protects your roof investment. It allows cool, fresh air to enter through soffit or eave vents and lets hot, stale air escape through a ridge vent. (Important to note too is that without proper ventilation, most manufacturers’ shingle warranties are void.) The reduced temperature difference between the outside air and the attic space beneath your roof benefits your home in important ways:
- It allows your roof to breathe in warmer months, lowering attic temperatures and cooling the roof deck.
- It keeps attic humidity down in cooler months to minimize condensation and mould and mildew growth.
- It reduces condensation, which can dampen and compact insulation and cause your heating system to work harder.
Which Roof is best for you?
There are many factors to consider in choosing a roof, including style, colour, durability, warranties and installation. Here are some facts to help you decide:
- The Home Depot has a wide selection of premium quality roof shingles to give you the look you want at a price that fits your budget. Choose from:
- Ultra Premium, our thickest, most dimensional look
- Value Designer, to simulate the look of real wood shakes or slate
- Architectural, with distinctive shadow lines
- Roof shingles come in colours from natural wood shades to intense slate blue, green and red. If you have a homeowners’ association, check the architectural guidelines.
- Roof replacement should include removal of existing materials, a structural integrity inspection, a rubberized leak barrier, deck underlayment, drip edges and metal flashings.
The Home Depot offers a variety of Installation Services to assist your home improvement projects. Complement a new roof by giving your entire exterior a fresh look with new windows, doors, siding and eavestrough replacement. Consider augmenting your new roof’s energy efficiency by insulating your attic.