There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Purify Your Water Supply
By investing in a water treatment system, you can:
Protect Your Health
Home water filtration systems remove harmful contaminants such as heavy metals, chlorine, bacteria and other microbes from your water supply. Purified water tastes better, too.
Protect Your Plumbing
Water softeners take care of hard water, which can cause a buildup of mineral deposits in your pipes, faucets and appliances. Left untreated, damage from hard water can require costly repairs.
Hard water can impact how soaps and detergents work, reacting with them to leave filmy residues behind on clothing and dishes – or even affecting how your hair and skin look and feel after a shower. Water softeners help to solve this problem.
With hard water, mineral buildup can reduce the lifespan of major appliances and water heaters. It also reduces their efficiency, forcing them to work harder to do the same job. By addressing both issues, a water softener can save you money.
Which Type of Water Treatment Do I Need?
Not all water treatment systems are the same; each is designed to treat your home’s water supply in different ways. Rainsoft has been been taking the worry out of water for familities since 1953. Each of these premium products undergo rigorous thrid-party testing, are assembled in a ISO 9001 certified facility and backed by an unsurpassed limited lifetime warranty.
Whole-Home Water Filtration Systems
- The RainSoft® QRS™ whole-home system uses an activated carbon filter to remove chlorine, bacteria and other contaminants from your entire home’s water supply
- The result: cleaner, safer, odourless and better-tasting water, not just for drinking, but for your whole home
Under the Sink Water Treatment Systems
- The RainSoft® Ultrefiner II is a multistage water filtration system that delivers safe, better-tasting drinking water, eliminating the need for wasteful bottled water. Its multi-stage filtration process vastly outperforms most water filter products available off the shelf
- Typically installed under your kitchen sink, this water filter system can also be connected to your refrigerator
- The RainSoft® EC5™ Conditioner is the perfect whole-home solution for hard water, which if left untreated causes a buildup of calcium and magnesium scale in your plumbing, fixtures and appliances
- Hard water can impact your ability to perform everyday tasks such as cleaning laundry and dishes, or even basic self-care such as taking showers
Eco-Friendly Laundry Solutions
- The RainSoft® CleanStart™ is an eco-friendly water treatment solution that connects to your washing machine’s water supply
- The CleanStart™ system oxidizes cold water by injecting a controlled amount of ozone, which allows your machine to clean and disinfect your laundry without using hot water or detergents
Water Softener & Water Filter Installation Process
1 Free Water Test & Consultation
- At a pre-scheduled time, a Home Depot Installer will come to your home to conduct a free water test and basic plumbing inspection
- They will recommend a water softener or water filtration system based on your needs and provide a detailed quote
2 Professional Installation
- The Installer will return at a later scheduled date to deliver and install your new water softener or water filtration system
- They will adhere to all applicable COVID-19 protocols and perform a thorough cleanup of the work site upon completion of your installation
3 Follow-Up Inspection
- Shortly after your water filter or water softener installation, the installer will return to perform a follow-up inspection.
- They will ensure that the work has been completed to a high standard and confirm your satisfaction with the result
Why Choose Home Depot
We've got you covered.
Limited Liftime Warranty
Rainsoft has been been taking the worry out of water for familities since 1953. Each of these premium products undergo rigorous thrid-party testing, are assembled in a ISO 9001 certified facility and backed by an unsurpassed limited lifetime warranty.
Our team consists of fully licensed Home Depot Installers who have passed mandatory background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
Financing Available with Project Loan
Improve water quality in your home with a new water softener or water filtration system. Project Loan gives you the budget and flexibility to make it happen. Credit available for up to $50,000. No annual fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The cost of your new water filter or water softener installation will depend on the system you purchase
- Installation costs for home water filtration systems and water softener systems also vary based on the product you choose and how it connects to your water supply, as the amount and difficulty of the labour required may vary
- The type and degree of contamination in your water depends on your location as well as the quality of water treatment in your area
- Some common contaminants are: heavy metals such as iron or lead; microbes such as bacteria and viruses; chlorine, which is typically used to treat your local water supply; dissolved substances such as sodium and calcium; and other dangerous substances such as arsenic, pesticides and nitrates
- Whole home and under-the-sink water filtration systems are designed to reduce or remove most of these substances. Ask your installer for details on specific water filters and their capabilities
- Hard water is water containing a high concentration of mineral deposits, primarily calcium and magnesium. While not considered a health hazard, it presents a host or problems for your home because it tends to build up inside plumbing, fixtures and appliances
- Hard water also reacts with detergents, soaps and shampoos to form soap scum, an annoying residue that impacts bathing and household cleaning
- A water softener system can be installed near your home’s main water cutoff so that it serves the entire house. It works by first adding salt to break down the calcium and magnesium, then filtering out the salt before delivering the water to your home
- There are a number of things to look for if you suspect you may have hard water. If you’re noticing a buildup of sediment or soap scum in your sink, shower or bath, that laundry and dishes take longer and more detergent to clean or if you’re going through more soap and shampoo, hard water may be the culprit
- During your free in-home consultation, our Installer will conduct a water test to determine whether you have hard water
- Whole-home and under-the-sink products that are connected to your plumbing not only offer enhanced convenience; they serve you in a variety of ways that off-the-shelf products do not
- While most off-the-shelf water filters are simple systems designed to improve your drinking water, home water filtration systems and water softeners are designed to treat your home’s entire water supply. They also typically remove a broader range of contaminants than most off-the-shelf products
- Depending on the water filter or water softener you choose, it may have some effect on water pressure. Ask your Installer for more information on the water treatment systems that are available to you and whether they might affect water pressure in your home
- If water pressure has been a concern in the past, the Installer will work with you to choose the right water treatment system to ensure the highest output and maximize water pressure in your home
- Generally, a water softener needs to be refilled with salt every 6 months, while carbon water filters need to be replaced every 1-2 years. For a reverse osmosis system, the membrane filter should be replaced once or twice a year
- How long your whole-home water filter or water softener lasts will depend on a variety of factors, most importantly your water usage, local water quality, and, in the case of a water softener, the amount of mineral content present in your water
- Yes. A water softener uses a small amount of salt to remove minerals such as calcium and magnesium from your water, then passes the treated water through a filter to remove the salt before it enters your home’s water supply. Therefore, it doesn’t add anything to your drinking water and is completely safe to drink
- It doesn’t take long to get soft water once your water softener has been installed. Once the Installer activate the system upon completing their work, it usually only takes about 20-30 minutes for the water softener’s tank to fill up with enough water for you to use in your home
- A water softener can help to remove scale that has accumulated in your home’s pipes while preventing further buildup by reducing the amount of minerals such as calcium and magnesium in your home’s water supply
Water Softener and Water Filter Installation from The Home Depot Home Services
- Purify your home’s water supply with a new water filter or water softener from a trusted Home Depot Installer. With a full range of whole house water filters and water softeners, The Home Depot Home Services can help you find one that works perfectly for your needs and budget.
Clean Water For Your Whole Home
- A whole-home water purifier or under-the-sink water filtration system is more effective and offers more protection than most water filter products available off the shelf. This is because, whether a reverse osmosis system or a carbon filter system, a home water filtration system removes more contaminants from your water and purifies more than just the water you drink. Whole-home water purifiers improve the quality and safety of your water, wherever and whenever in your home you need it.
Get The Water Treatment System You Need
- A water softener protects your home’s plumbing and appliances from the mineral deposits left behind by hard water, while a water filter removes all kinds of harmful contaminants from your drinking water for cleaner, better-tasting and odour-free water.
Get Rid of Hard Water
- Even better, a water softener system will allow your appliances to operate more efficiently, preventing sediment buildup and freeing them up to clean clothing and dishes more effectively while using less water and detergent. With a water softener installation, you may even notice your skin and hair feeling cleaner and smoother after a bath or shower!
The Home Depot Can Help
- Request a free, in-home consultation with a Home Depot Installer today and get a free water test to determine whether you have hard water or other water quality and/or safety issues. Your Installer will recommend a high-quality whole house water filter system or water softener that’s right for your home and provide a cost estimate to get the job done right.