There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
If you’re looking for storage space for your gardening tools, lawn items, or children’s toys, a shed might be just the right addition for your home. The Home Depot presents a variety of sheds in an array of durable and versatile materials that will suit any style, space, and budget.
Using our professional shed installation service with your purchase ensures that everything is assembled perfectly. There’s no need to worry about unpacking your shed or knowing where to begin. Complete shed installations consider the life cycle of your shed, from how it is assembled to what you can do to extend its life.
What Can a New Shed Do for My Home?
A Shed Can Provide Functional Space
Sheds are multifunctional – they can be used to store yard equipment and outdoor toys and accessories, or you can get creative and turn it into a gym, workshop, or playhouse for children.
A Shed Can be Used for More Storage
A new shed can keep your decorations, extra furniture, gardening tools, and lawn equipment safe and secure.
A Shed Can Improve Yard Aesthetic
A shed can add visual flair to your yard or garden, with a multitude of structures, colours, shapes, and materials.
You have two ways to get your shed assembled.
Purchase Shed & Installation Online
1 Select Product and Service
- Shop homedepot.ca for your shed, check the box under “Get It Installed,” and select an assembly option.
2 Schedule Assembly
- Within 24 hours of completing your order, the Installer will contact you to schedule assembly
- Your shed will be delivered to your curbside
- One of our local shed Installers will arrive for assembly at your scheduled time and anchor your new shed, perform a cleanup and inspection, then advise on proper usage and maintenance of your new shed
Purchased Your Shed From Home Depot Already?
We can help with your assembly
If you have already purchased your shed from The Home Depot, complete the form below and our Installers can help get it professionally assembled.
What’s Included in My Shed Assembly?
- This service covers unpacking, assembly, and final inspection of your new shed
- If base assembly is required and purchased, the service covers assembly of a base
- Breaking down packaging and setting aside or moving to recycling area
- Upon completion, the Installer will conduct a final inspection and provide basic information about usage and maintenance
- 1-year labour warranty
- Leveling at an extra fee if your site is over 6 inches in grade
Find Your Perfect Shed
Find the perfect new shed for your garden or backyard by browsing our selection. Based on the size of your yard or garden, choose a shed size and shape that fits your space. To suit your preferences, we offer sheds in an array of materials with different qualities for aesthetic and functional appeal. Our network of licensed shed installers at The Home Depot are qualified to help you efficiently put together the ideal shed for your home, with their expertise.
Up to 40 sq. ft. in size and perfect for a small garden or backyard.
Between 40-90 sq. ft. in size and ideal for medium to large gardens or backyards.
Over 90 sq. ft. in size and suitable for large gardens and backyards.
Why Choose Home Depot
Style and Selection
Improve your outdoor set up in style with new patio furniture from The Home Depot. Choose from hundreds of available products at competitive prices.
Installation Made Easy
Our team consists of fully licensed, background-checked Home Depot Installers, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
We provide flexible financing options that will help you better manage your budget for your home improvement projects with The Home Depot Consumer Card and The Home Depot Project Loan.
Ideas and How-To
Use our how-to guides and wide selection of products to select your ideal shed. Learn more about what each type of material has to offer, browse several looks to inspire your project, and piece together the information you need to make a final choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Type of material – Will you opt for metal, vinyl, plastic, resin, or wood?
- Price - Will the cost of labour and materials fit within your budget if you have one?
- Size and shape – How big will you want your shed to be, and how will it fit the area it will be placed in?
- Features – Would you want a base for your shed
- A base is a sufficient to put under a shed. A foundation is not necessary, as long as proper levelling is done to ensure an even surface
- A base provides support and ensures your shed is level. Having a solid base can extend the life of your shed and keep your belongings inside the shed better protected
- Bases are generally constructed from wood or concrete
- A base is sufficient, and we can install that for you
- Smaller sheds up to 8x6 or 8x8 can do without a foundation. Instead, the ground below the shed simply needs basic levelling and can rest on crushed stone, concrete foundation blocks, or a treated wood foundation
- For large sheds, you’ll need to also ensure that leveling is done, and that the shed rests on a strong base such as concrete or landscape slabs or pressure treated decking
- Level surfaces and a strong foundation are key to prevent shed warpage. As well, you can lay down garden mesh or landscaping membranes to prevent weeds and foliage from damaging your shed
- Leveling must be done for site areas that are over 6” grade
- This ensures that your shed is sturdy and that the components stay aligned
- Installing a shed can seem simple enough, especially if your shed is delivered right to your home. If you’ve never assembled one before, it can be difficult as It requires some basic assembly skills and may take some time
- DIY is great if you want to learn new skills and have the time to do it, but pairing your shed purchase with installation can ensure that the job gets done right the first time
- Especially if your site is over a 6-inch grade, the levelling work you will have to complete will be difficult (at an extra cost) – will be assessed at time of assembly
- Your shed installation cost will depend on whether you request levelling, the size and material of your shed, whether you need to purchase a base, and whether you need to pay for mileage expenses and repair of any patio stones or base materials after assembly
- Metal sheds are the cheapest option, while resin, plastic, and vinyl are often in the mid-range tier. Wooden sheds are the priciest option.
- Shop our assortment to get a more accurate idea of our pricing
- Yes. This service is included when you choose to get your shed installed with a base
- Yes. Your Installer will secure your shed to the ground/base if you choose to install a base with your shed
- A foundation is not required, but base installation is available at additional cost
- Be sure to check your local building codes and ensure you have all required permits before placing your order. Check the product specifications for any additional required parts and/or materials
- On average, installation of your shed will take anywhere from two hours to two days to complete.
- Installation durations vary depending on the size of your shed and the levelling work required
- Your shed installation comes with a 1-year labour warranty
- Our shed installation service includes the selection, purchase, and installation of a shed. Home Depot Installers will not install any sheds purchased outside of The Home Depot
- No. This service is for assembly of a new shed, as well as leveling (if necessary) and the assembly of a new base
- If you plan to take down and remove an existing shed and replace it on the same site, you must complete this work separately, in advance of your scheduled assembly