There are two kinds of counter-depth refrigerators: freestanding and built-in. The cabinet depth of these types of refrigerators is 24" to fit flush with kitchen cabinetry.
Freestanding counter-depth refrigerators have finished sides and do not need to be secured or fastened.
- Has less depth than most freestanding units but generally wider to compensate for space
- Less expensive than a built-in but offers a similar sleek contour design
Built-in counter-depth refrigerators have unfinished sides and an evaporator mounted at the top. Due to the top-heavy nature of this design, built-in refrigerators need to be secured to the surrounding cabinetry and wall. They are constructed to blend in with the rest of the kitchen cabinetry rather than being installed as a separate unit.
- Seamlessly integrates with kitchen décor
- Custom-made panels provide stylish options
- Typically 84" in height (including the evaporator), with width ranging from 36" to 48"