A new fence can add safety, privacy and style to the exterior of your home for years to come. Whether you’re looking to fence in a pool, create a divider between you and your neighbours or protect your garden, The Home Depot offers a wide selection of durable, stylish and affordable fencing options such as wood, metal and vinyl in many varieties including picket and wrought-iron. Features like lattice panels will give you the right amount of privacy and style so you can enjoy your beautiful yard in peace.
What to Consider When Installing a Fence
Before You Start: Call your local municipality for details regarding digging in your area.
Call your local municipality for details regarding digging in your area.
3 Factors to Consider When Planning Your New Fence:
A functional fence will not only enhance the security and privacy of your home, but will reduce wind and noise, and can prevent your pets from escaping.
When it comes to style, the right fence will complement your home’s architecture and landscape, but can also add luxury and charm to the overall look of your home. The Home Depot offers a number of decorative fencing options, such as picket fences and wrought-iron fences.
Wood, vinyl and alternative materials are examples of options you might want to consider if you’re looking for more privacy in your home. Other fencing materials - like lattice panels - will help keep your yard private and stylish.
Browse through The Home Depot’s fencing options, and find the material that suits your needs.
Innovative Materials | Affordability: $$ - $$$
What is it?
SimTek is a revolutionary fencing solution that offers the look of stone, and is constructed with recycled content to create a sustainable, eco-friendly structure.
- Resistant to warping, fading, cracking and doesn’t require painting or staining.
- Made with durable LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polyethylene), and armoured with galvanized steel.
- Withstands harsh weather conditions such as wind gusts up to 175-210 kph and temperatures between -40 and 60 degrees Celsius.
- Blocks 98% of direct sound.
- Easy to install.
What is it?
Slipfence is an innovative fencing solution that gives you the look and privacy of a wooden fence, but with the durability of aluminum. It comes in both vertical and horizontal styles to fit any yard.
- Exclusive to The Home Depot.
- A durable material that offers the warmth of a wood fence, but won’t rot, decay or crack.
- Simple to install, and does not twist or torque and easy to replace/upgrade.
- Aluminum-framed fence offers 95% privacy, but with enough space for a breeze to flow through in the summer.
- Requires 24 regular sized 1 x 6 x 6' Micro Pro or Cedar fence boards (sold separately).
- Exclusive to The Home Depot.
- A durable material that offers the warmth of a wood fence, but won't rot, decay or crack.
- Uses the same 3" aluminum posts as the vertical style.
- Simple to install, and does not twist or torque.
- Aluminum-framed fence offers 100% privacy.
Wood | Affordability: $
- Many large-scale fencing projects across Canada are constructed with pressure-treated wood.
- An affordable option.
- Our fence boards are manufactured exclusively for The Home Depot, and can be paired with matching accessories (gate, post caps and decorative inserts).
- A strong, durable material with long-term capacity.
- All fence boards, rails and posts are backed by a Residential Limited Warranty.
- Known for being an aesthetically pleasing fencing option that makes for a gorgeous addition to any home.
- Contains oils that act as natural deterrents against rotting and insect infestation.
Vinyl | Affordability: $$ - $$$
- A resilient fencing option made from a strong plastic-based substance.
- An affordable material that requires less maintenance and upkeep than wood, no painting or staining required.
- Resistant to moisture, flaking and cracking, making it an excellent option for Canada’s harsh weather conditions.
- DIY-friendly installation, available as easy-to-install kits and pre-assembled panels.
Iron | Affordability: $$$
- A heavy-duty fencing option.
- A variety of styles are available to choose from through special order.
- Comes with a galvanized and/or coated finish for corrosion resistance.
Aluminium | Affordability: $$$
- A strong material with the look of wrought iron and an elegant powder coated acrylic finish.
- Low-maintenance and doesn't fade or discolour.
- Pre-assembled panels and gates make it DIY-friendly and easy to install.
Pool Fence | Affordability: $$$$
- Easy 3-step installation, with an attractive and durable powder coat finish and attractive, die-cast post caps.
- Provides safety and peace of mind around your pool, garden, yard and more.
- Gate features safety latch with self-closing hinges and fasteners.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty
- Rail and picket kit includes LED/accessory channels to customize your fence.
Chain Link | Affordability: $
- Made from galvanized steel and used for both commercial and residential fencing solutions.
- Affordable and easy to install.
- It is knuckled prior to being weaved in order to eliminate sharp edges and burrs.
- Can be completed with gates, posts, braces and latches.