Selecting the Right Patio Furniture
Choose from a wide variety of materials, colours and styles, and focus on the following questions to find the right items:
- How often and for what purposes do you use your patio?
- What type of furniture set-up are you looking for?
- How much sun does your patio typically receive?
- What materials provide the right combination of style and durability?
- What do you need to do to maintain your patio furniture’s appearance and where can you store it in colder months?
If you only use your patio occasionally, a few basic items will suffice. But if you entertain frequently or spend a considerable amount of time outdoors, shop for multipurpose items that can stand up to wear and tear.
Look for patio cushions with polyester fibres that allow water to run off and air to filter through, keeping them fresh. Cushions that have patterns on both sides allow you to flip them periodically, helping them maintain their appearance and shape.
If furniture portability is important, choose lightweight frame materials like plastic and aluminum. If you don’t plan to move them often, or if they will be exposed to wind, go with heavier materials like wood and wrought iron.
Use the chart below to determine which types of frame materials best suit your needs:
Enjoy your patio as the weather cools with accessories like patio heaters and portable fire pits. Keep your furniture in top form with furniture covers that help prevent mildew and weather damage.