Model # 8550
Store SKU # 1000129786
Tile Backer is a substrate for floor, wall and ceiling ceramic tile installations and has a built-in moisture barrier which protects tile installations and the wall cavity from the effects of moisture in wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens. It is the ideal ceramic tile underlayment for new construction, bathroom remodeling, pool areas, and many other high humidity or wet areas. It can also be painted or used in non-wet areas. DensShield panels incorporate fiberglass mats and a moisture-resistant core and are lighter and easier to install than heavy, hard-to-work-with cement board tile backers. DensShield Tile Backer is GREENGUARD listed as microbial-resistant using ASTM D 6329 methodology and has scored a 10, the highest level of performance for mold resistance under the ASTM D 3273 test method.
- Excellent substrate for floors, walls and countertops
- Built in moisture barrier-stops moisture at the surface
- Mold resistant-when tested, as manufactured, per ASTM D 3273
- Scores and snaps easily with ordinary utility knife
- Fiberglass mats on front and back add strength
- Treated, water-resistant core
|Assembled Depth (in inches)
||Assembled Height (in inches)
|Assembled Weight (In LBS)
||Assembled Width (in inches)
|Country of Origin
Warranty / Certifications
|Lifetime Limited Warranty when used in residential tile installations. For more information, call toll-free 800-225-6111.