Model # R4-120
Store SKU # 1000698156
At 20-30% of home energy consumption, water heating is the 2nd highest energy demand. The Power-Pipe®
can dramatically cut water heating costs and reduce total home energy consumption by 5-10%.* It works by using outgoing warm drain water to heat incoming cold fresh water so your water heater doesnt have to work as hard. The Power-Pipe will typically pay for itself in 2 to 10 years, and even faster after Government or Utility grants. The Power-Pipes performance has been tested in accordance with the CSA B55.1 standard and independently verified by Intertek. Additionally, the Power-Pipe is safe for drinking water, requires no maintenance, has no moving parts, increases effective hot water capacity, extends water heater life, and can be used with any type of plumbing system. Furthermore, Power-Pipe technology is proven, practical, affordable, and in use in many thousands of homes. A Power-Pipe will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 1 ton/year per household in the average family
- Lowest cost and shortest payback amongst energy-saving water heating technologies
- The R4-120 will save up to 48%* on your Water Heating Costs and is easy to install by any Plumber and most Do-It-Yourselfers
- All residential (R-series) units include matching drain connectors and connect easily to a ¾ in. fresh water line.
- For 4 in. drain pipe and requires a vertical drain pipe length between fittings of 123 in.
- *NOTE: According to CSA testing with the R3-60, performance is proportional to rated efficiency
- *NOTE: According to NRCan Sept 2008 with the R3-60, performance is proportional to rated efficiency