Model # 21028838 Store SKU # 1001392511
The Kidde KN-COSM-IBACA uses technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide. The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. Since carbon monoxide is present in all fires, having both detection chambers work together in one alarm is a breakthrough in the fire safety industry. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm's overall performance in all fires, and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
- Voice warning clearly alerts you if the unit has detected smoke, co or low battery
- intelligent Technology - detects real fires quickly and reduce nuisance alarm
- Will interconnect with other devices including smoke alarms, CO and heat alarms
- Test and reset button - to test circuitry and resets alarm
- Change backup batteries without the need to remove the unit, provides protection in power outages.
- CSA 6.19-01 approved - Replacement date is 120 months after installation