Depending on whether the wall is load bearing or not.
SAKRETE sells two types of mortar:
SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type N: FOR LOAD-BEARING WALLS REQUIRING LOW
COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OR NON-LOAD-BEARING
WALLS. SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type N should not be
used where Type S Mortar is specified. For applications
requiring conventional Type S Mortar, please refer to
SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type S.
SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type N is a pre-blended, ready-to-use,
Type N Mortar made of masonry cement and natural mortar
sand. It is designed to be used with clay, concrete and stone
masonry bricks. SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type N conforms to
CSA A179-14 when used as directed. This product is grey
in colour but can also be blended with a variety of colouring
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Suitable for a variety of masonry applications
• Excellent workability
• Ready-to-use; just add water
• Build or repair walls, chimneys, planters or outdoor grills
• Tuck-pointing repairs of brick mortar joints
• Above grade construction
• Interior or exterior applications
...... complete TDS is at : ...https://www.kpmindustries.com/KingHomeImprovementProducts/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2014/02/SAKRETE-Mortar-Mix-Type-N-TDS-ENG-REV.0005.pdf....
SAKRETE MORTAR MIX, TYPE S..... .... FOR LOAD-BEARING WALLS REQUIRING HIGH COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH. SAKRETE Mortar Mix,
Type S should not be used where Type N Mortar is specified. For applications requiring conventional Type N Mortar, please refer to SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type N.
SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type S is a pre-blended, ready-to-use, Type S Mortar specifically designed for use with
concrete blocks, hard brick, or stone. This mortar is a blend
of cementitious material, masonry sand and other carefully
selected components. SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type S conforms
to CSA A179-14 for Type S Mortar when used as directed.
This product is grey in colour but can also be blended with a
variety of colouring agents.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• High compressive strength
• Superior bond strength
• Excellent resistance to freeze-thaw cycles
• Pre-blended, ensuring consistency
• Foundation walls, retaining walls, manholes or sewers
• Parapet walls and masonry applications subjet to high
saturation levels such as chimneys and free-standing
• Indoor applications, outdoor applications, or for any other
masonry application where load-bearing walls require a
high compressive strength
• Above or below grade construction
• Block tuck pointing
... complete TDS is at : https://www.kpmindustries.com/KingHomeImprovementProducts/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/03/SAKRETE-Mortar-Mix-Type-S-TDS-ENG-REV.0004.pdf
Date de publication: 2020-05-08