you could however... .. there are 2 alternate products to consider. .
SAKRETE mason-craft is a pre-blended, pre-packaged,
Type O Mortar, specifically designed for use in repointing
and non-load-bearing wall applications. This mortar is a
blend of Portland cement, Type S hydrated lime, masonry
sand and other carefully selected components. SAKRETE
mason-craft conforms to ASTM C 270 for Type O Mortar,
with the addition of water. It is grey in colour, but can also be
blended with a variety of colouring agents.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• High bond strength
• Breathability allows mortar to shed water
• Superior workability
• Self-healing capabilities for small movements or cracks
in masonry applications
• Pre-blended, ensuring consistency from the first batch
to the last
• All KING products are manufactured using
ISO 9001:2015 Certified Processes
• Indoors or outdoors, for any other masonry application
where low strength and superior workability is required
SAKRETE MORTAR MIX, TYPE S.. ...
FOR LOAD-BEARING WALLS REQUIRING HIGH
COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH. SAKRETE Mortar Mix,
Type S should not be used where Type N Mortar is
specified. For applications requiring conventional Type N
Mortar, please refer to SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type N.
SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type S is a pre-blended, readyto-use, Type S Mortar specifically designed for use with
concrete blocks, hard brick, or stone. This mortar is a blend
of cementitious material, masonry sand and other carefully
selected components. SAKRETE Mortar Mix, Type S conforms
to CSA A179-14 for Type S Mortar when used as directed.
This product is grey in colour but can also be blended with a
variety of colouring agents.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• High compressive strength
• Superior bond strength
• Excellent resistance to freeze-thaw cycles
• Pre-blended, ensuring consistency
• Foundation walls, retaining walls, manholes or sewers
• Parapet walls and masonry applications subjet to high
saturation levels such as chimneys and free-standing
• Indoor applications, outdoor applications, or for any other
masonry application where load-bearing walls require a
high compressive strength
• Above or below grade construction
• Block tuck pointing.. ..
hope this information is helpful.
Date published: 2020-11-24