Our Efforts To Support Our Customers, Associates & Community
Maintaining clean, safe stores has always been one of our top priorities. As the situation around COVID-19 continues, we have been taking extra steps for the health and safety of our customer and associates, including:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance in all stores and facilities including disinfecting high-traffic and high-touch areas like self-checkout, door handles, and bathrooms, as well as posting signage about handwashing and other preventative actions.
- Promoting physical distancing practices in stores and following local guidelines on occupancy and other measures to limit the risks related to COVID-19. We also encourage customers to consider limiting group shopping.
- Installed plexiglass shields at checkout and service desks throughout our stores.
- Supply all associates with masks and make masks available for customers who have forgotten to wear one. Where mandatory mask orders are in place, customers and associates will be required to follow local regulations. Small children or those who have a valid medical rationale will not be required to wear a mask.
- Expanded paid time off benefits to support our associates and rolled out mandatory health check process for all associates to be completed before reporting to work each day.
DELIVERIES & INSTALLATIONS
To best serve our customers during this time:
- Free curbside pickup is available at most stores daily. Due to the high volume of orders being processed, pickup times may be delayed in some cases. Please wait to receive an email notification before going to the store to pick up your order.
- Expanded delivery options on orders made at Homedepot.ca are now available, including free standard shipping on most orders over $49. Tips for shopping online are available here.
- We continue to advise all delivery and Home Services associates to follow everyday preventative actions including washing hands often and disinfecting frequently touched objects.
We remain committed to supporting the communities we live and work in and we’ve taken the following steps to continue our support through COVID-19:
- Months ago, we voluntarily froze pricing nationwide across product categories in high-demand due to COVID-19.
- Redirected and donated all shipments of N95 masks to Federal and Provincial governments for support of hospitals and healthcare providers.
- Donated personal protective equipment (PPE) and other products to local hospitals, healthcare providers and first responders.
- Distributed more than $1 million dollars to over 120 local charity partners through The Home Depot Canada Foundation in support of COVID-19 critical response initiatives for at-risk and homeless youth.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to navigate the challenges presented by this pandemic with the health and safety of each other in mind. The Home Depot Canada continues to follow local by-laws that are in place. Check your local store for details.
If you have any questions about a delivery, online order or other customer concern, please visit Customer Support.