There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Electricians at Home Depot
All figures based on 2021 Canada-wide averages.
Why Should I Get My Light Fixtures Installed Professionally?
Get your light fixtures installed by a licensed, experienced Local Pro for peace of mind, knowing your installation is done right. Our light fixture installers provide an upfront cost and can get your fixtures installed in no time.
✔ For a safe and high-quality Install
Working with electricity can be tedious and dangerous. Each job done by our licensed professionals is guaranteed to be done right, the safe way.
✔ For insurance and assurance purposes
Working with electricity can be dangerous for someone who doesn’t have the know-how. Any damages or negligence that occurs during your DIY install could void the warranty of the product.
✔ Get your lights installed hassle-free
Some light fixtures can be difficult to install. You can be confident knowing that your Local Pro will be able to tackle any kind of lighting installation.
Light Fixture Installation Process
There are two ways to get your light fixtures installed.
1 Complete your request form
- Enter your contact information and tell us more details about the job you’d like done.
2 View Pros in Your Area
- After submitting a request, you will be contacted by up to three Local Pros based on your job request. Compare their credentials, ask questions, discuss availability, and obtain a quote.
3 Select Pro & Schedule Installation
- Once you’ve decided on the Pro you want - hire the Local Pro that fulfills your criteria.
4 Get Your Job Completed
- After the job is complete, leave a review to share your experience of how it went, and help fortify our network of great Local Pros
Light Fixture Installations We Offer
Whether you’re looking for help hanging a ceiling light, changing a light fixture, or want our Pros to install light fixtures for the first time, our professionals can do it all.
Get any classic ceiling light installed the right way, whether at great heights or on a regular height ceiling.
LED lights provide more light and save money and energy. It can also make a room feel larger and cast light on specific walls and areas in the home.
Pendant Lighting Installation (Wall Lights and Sconces)
These light fittings are versatile and save space, reducing the need for a table or counter. Pendant lighting comes in many different shapes, styles, and sizes, and includes chandelier installation or lights above a kitchen island.
Enhance the safety and security of your home and improve your home’s exterior aesthetic by getting beautiful outdoor lighting installed. These decorative lights are great visual elements that can complement the architecture of your home. Think contemporary lights or classic wrought-iron features, depending on your personal style!
Professional Christmas Light Installation
Impress the neighborhood with professionally installed holiday lights this Christmas season. This outdoor lighting installation will guarantee you professionally done, colourful lights around your home’s exterior.
Landscape Lighting installation
Landscape lighting is also considered outdoor lighting, but it serves to enhance certain features of your home’s exterior, such as driveways, paths, architectural features, and landscapes or gardens. They are often camouflaged in trees, around rocks, or hidden in corners.
Deck Lighting/Fence Lighting
Illuminate your deck and/or fence by getting both practical and atmospheric lights installed to create a functional and inviting space.
Outdoor Wall Lights
Illuminate your outdoor space with some simple or decorative outdoor wall lights, with the option to upgrade them as motion detected or solar powered.
Outdoor Security & Flood Lights
Keep your home safe and secure with outdoor security and flood lights. These lights can deter crime and flood dark areas of your home’s exterior.
Outdoor Pot Light Installation
Considered one of the most common forms of modern lighting, pot lights are a modern and clean style of lighting that can be installed anywhere.
Why Choose Local Pros
Hire From A Network of Pros
Hiring from our network ensures you get your job done by the best of the best, no matter who you end up choosing.
All Local Pros are independently background checked - licensed and experienced for the job.
Rated and Reviewed
All Local Pros are trusted professionals who are rated and reviewed by homeowners like you.
Here's What Our Customers Are Saying
All reviews based on 2021 submissions.
"Had a new light fixture to be installed. The electrician came the following day and did the job at a reasonable price, even replaced a dimmer at no additionnal cost."
"Very good service provided by Roberto. He installed the light fixtures quickly and with great care. The charges for his services are also very reasonable and competitive. Highly recommended for electrical work."
"We had a great experience, start to finish, with Flattline Electric for installation of several new light fixtures. Professional, very competent and a fair price."
"Ruben did an amazing job installing the light fixtures in our house, even the tricky one by the entrance (high ceiling, very little room for the ladder). The place looks wonderful now! Very professional, helpful and patient, answered all our questions, and the price was great. We'll definitely keep his number on speed dial :)"
"Ryan installed my range hood fan and changed several electrical fixtures. A few challenges along the way easily dealt with. All work completed in a timely manner and helpful with recommendations for lighting and fixtures."
"I had two light fixtures, a switch and a receptacle installed in my home. Elton was very professional and willing to answer my questions. Very tidy and professional with very reasonable prices. Strongly recommended!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional light fixture installers have years of experience and can guarantee a safe and high-quality installation
- Working with electricity can be dangerous for someone who doesn’t have the know-how. Any damages or negligence that occurs during your DIY install could void the warranty of the product
- Our Local Pros can also give you advice on how to take care of your fixture, as well as answer any questions you might have
- The average installation takes around 1 - 4 hours, and highly depends on the nature of your installation and the type of light fixture you are getting installed
- Simple jobs that are just a matter of getting your Local Pro to replace a light fixture will take approximately 60 - 90 minutes, whereas more complicated, larger light fixtures or ones that require new wiring can take up to 4 hours
- Please consult your Local Pro for more accurate information relating to your specific installation
- The cost of an average light fixture installation will ultimately depend on the light fixture(s) and the nature of the job
- Electrical work should generally be left to a licensed electrician, as they can ensure that the job is done correctly and safely
- Type of light fixture - Is it a large chandelier or a simple pot light?
- Location of light fixture - Will your Local Pro have to climb a ladder? Do you have over-height ceilings? Is the location of your new fixture above a staircase? Is your fixture heavy and does it require pronging?
- Is your light fixture a ceiling fan with a light? This will require your Local Pro to build the fixture before installing it into your ceiling
- Is there already a light fixture or are you installing one for the first time? Removing and installing a new light fixture will be simpler than having to install one for the first time and run a wire to the new fixture
- Usually, no. However, if your light fixture installation is expensive, then a contract may be initiated
- Yes. Your light installer will remove any existing light fixtures, however, it is always advised to ask your individual installer beforehand
- Have a detailed conversation with your electrician on how much the job will cost
- Make sure you have the light fixture ready to be installed
- Move any furniture or items away from the area where your Local Pro will be conducting work
- Before your appointment, have a clear idea of what you want, such as where you want the fixture to go
- Keep in mind the type of light the fixture will give, including the lumens and kelvins of the light and the colour and tone of the light
- Know the space you’re trying to light - is your room spacious or is it small?
- Are you looking for a dimmable fixture?
- The aesthetic of the fixture and whether it suits your home and preferences
- Find a light fixture with good glass and quality steel if you want a long-lasting fixture
- The Home Depot offers an extensive range of light fixtures, including ceiling fans with lights, ceiling lights like flush mount lights and pendant lighting, wall lights like sconces, table and floor lamps, under cabinet lighting, LED strip lights, and outdoor lighting
- LEDs are a great, eco-friendly, and long-lasting type of bulb that uses only part of the energy of a regular light fixture
Local Pro Questions
- The Home Depot uses the latest technology to match customers with a qualified and vetted Local Pro
- Local Pros are also pre-screened so you can put your full trust in their services. There’s no need to worry about quality of work – with reviews, references, and our comprehensive background check, we’ve ensured that for you
- Yes. All Local Pros performing electrical jobs must possess a red sealed journeyman license or an ESA license. In addition, each contractor must be insured a minimum of $1,000,000 liability to protect our valued customers
- There is no cost to request a Local Pro, nor to get matched to them
- After connecting with up to three Local Pros, you can vet and select the Local Pro that fits your budget and schedule
- In the rare event that none of the three Local Pros have contacted you within that time, you will be automatically re-matched to up to three new Local Pros via email
- We are constantly adding new Pros, so we hope to have Pros available in your area soon
- Please ensure the postal code you have entered is where you’d like the service to happen