There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Electrical & Lighting Services at Home Depot
All figures based on 2022 Canada-wide averages.
Find a Qualified Local Pro to Take Care of Your Ceiling Fan Installation Needs
The Home Depot can connect you with a qualified Local Pro for your next ceiling fan installation project.
Our ceiling fan installers are licensed electricians with the knowledge and experience to handle all aspects of your installation.
With Ceiling Fan Installation Services, You Get:
✔ Professional Installation
Experienced Pros will install your new ceiling fan properly and securely.
✔ Job Done Right
Our qualified Local Pros are committed to ensuring your ceiling fan installation is completed to your satisfaction.
✔ Expert Advice
Not sure what you need? Our experienced Local Pros can help you make the right choices.
What Do Ceiling Fan Installation Services Include?
Our experienced Local Pros are committed to getting your ceiling fan installation job done right. Ask our Pros to take care of the following:
New Ceiling fan installation
Find a qualified Pro to improve airflow in your room with a new ceiling fan.
Ceiling fan replacement
Hire a Pro to replace your broken, old and/or outdated ceiling fan.
Related electrical services
Need new wiring, switches or other electrical work for your new ceiling fan? Find a licensed Pro to take care of it.
Ceiling Fan Installation Process
You have two ways to set up your Ceiling Fan Installation services with a Local Pro.
Purchase your ceiling fan and installation online
Already know what you need?
Pair your ceiling fan purchase with a scheduled appointment with a Local Pro.
1 Select Product and Service
- Shop homedepot.ca to purchase a product. Select “Connect me to Local Pros” on the product page to check availability of Local Pros in your area.
2 Complete Your Purchase
- Add both product and service to cart. Once you complete your product purchase, we will email you details of up to 3 Local Pros who will call you to discuss your project, provide a quote, and schedule an appointment.
3 Get Your Job Completed
- At the scheduled time, your Pro will arrive to complete the installation. After it’s done, leave a review to share your experience of how it went and help fortify our network of great Local Pros.
Consult a Local Pro
Need some professional advice?
Consult a Local Pro.
1 Complete your request form
- Enter your contact information and tell us more details about the job you’d like done.
2 View Local Pros in Your Area
- After submitting a request, you will be contacted by up to three Local Pros based on your job request. Compare their credentials, ask questions, discuss availability, and obtain a quote.
3 Select a Local Pro and Schedule Installation
- Once you’ve decided on the Pro you want - hire the Local Pro that fulfills your criteria.
4 Get Your Job Completed
- After the job is complete, leave a review to share your experience of how it went, and help fortify our network of great Local Pros.
Why Choose Local Pros
Hire From A Network of Pros
Hiring from our network ensures you get your job done by the best of the best, no matter who you end up choosing.
All Local Pros are independently background checked, licensed, and experienced for the job.
Rated and Reviewed
All Local Pros are trusted professionals who are rated and reviewed by homeowners like you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The cost of ceiling fan installation typically ranges from $100-$300, not including the fan itself. Your actual ceiling fan installation cost will depend on the unique needs of your project such as the number of fans you need installed, whether additional electrical work is required, etc.
- If you’re replacing an existing ceiling fan, ask the Pro about any applicable ceiling fan replacement, removal and/or disposal costs.
- We recommend you contact more than one Local Pro to compare the services they offer and get more than one quote before deciding on who to hire.
- Ceiling fan installers are able to install a full range of ceiling fan products and can recommend them for your project if needed.
- Shop ceiling fans at HomeDepot.ca to choose from a full range of products: indoor and outdoor ceiling fans, with or without lights, in plenty of shapes, styles and colours to match the décor of any room.
- Minor ceiling fan repairs can be cheaper and even quicker than ceiling fan replacement. However, for more complicated or time-consuming repairs, including those requiring replacement parts that can be difficult to source, ceiling fan replacement is often a more practical and cost-effective solution than ceiling fan repair.
- Our ceiling fan installation Pros are licensed electricians who are qualified to handle any electrical work required for your project. Any required electrical work will be factored into your overall ceiling fan installation cost.
- If you need any additional electrical work done, ask your ceiling fan installation Pro or visit our Electrical Services page to find out more and connect with a licensed electrical services Local Pro in your area.
- You have the option of hiring a Pro when you purchase your new ceiling fan or after the purchase has been made. Alternatively, if you’re unsure what you want, you can find a Pro and ask them to recommend a ceiling fan that suits your needs and preferences.
- Please be sure to ask your ceiling fan installation Pro about their policy towards purchasing your new equipment before scheduling your installation visit.
- Most ceiling fan installers will be able to complete the job within 2-4 hours. Some smaller jobs may be completed in under 2 hours.
- Please allow more time for larger ceiling fan installation projects, particularly ones requiring multiple ceiling fans and/or additional electrical work.
- In most cases, it’s relatively quick and easy to replace a light fixture with a ceiling fan in the same spot, using the same electrical box.
- Your ceiling fan installation Pro will be able verify whether the electrical box that held up the light fixture is able to support the additional weight of a ceiling fan.
- While ceiling fans do not change the temperature in your room, they work by circulating the air in your room.
- Operating a ceiling fan in the reverse direction draws up cooler air towards the ceiling and pushes down the warmer air, effectively making your room feel warmer.
- Ceiling fans can also help distribute heated air from baseboard and portable heaters more evenly in a room.
- Hiring an experienced Pro for ceiling fan installation makes good sense for a number of reasons. Most importantly, ceiling fan installation Pros have the knowledge and dedication to get the job done right, saving you the time and guesswork of doing your own ceiling fan installation.
- In cases where additional electrical or structural work are required, hiring a qualified Pro for your ceiling fan installation project is necessary to ensure the job is done safely and correctly.
Local Pro Questions
- You are connected to a ceiling fan installation Local Pro in your area based on their job skills, geographic radius, and availability to meet your request.
- The Home Depot uses the latest technology to match customers with a qualified and vetted Local Pro.
- Local Pros are also pre-screened so can put your full trust into their services. There’s no need to worry about quality of work – with reviews, references and our comprehensive background check, we’ve ensured that for you.
- Yes. It is mandatory that the installers have current and updated certification from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board governed by each province. In addition, each contractor must be insured a minimum of $1,000,000 liability to protect our valued customers.
- There is no cost to request a Local Pro, nor to get matched to them.
- After connecting with up to three Local Pros, you can vet and select the Local Pro that fits your budget and schedule.
- In the rare event that none of the three Local Pros have contacted you within that time, you will be automatically re-matched to up to three new Local Pros via email.
- We are constantly adding new Pros, so we hope to have Pros available in your area soon.
- Please ensure the postal code you have entered is for the location where the service will be taking place.
- Ready to connect with our Local Pros? Find a Local Pro
Ceiling Fan Installation & Replacement from Qualified Local Pros
Need a new ceiling fan installed in your home? The Home Depot will connect you with a licensed, experienced Local Pro to take care of all your ceiling fan installation and ceiling fan replacement needs.
New Ceiling Fan Installation
Shop HomeDepot.ca and find the ceiling fan installation options you want – indoor or outdoor, with or without lights. Choose from flush mount, angle mount or downrod ceiling fan designs to match the type and angle of your ceiling and select from modern or classic ceiling fan styles to ensure that your ceiling fan installation choices are a good match for your room or your home.
Purchase a new ceiling fan online and get connected with a qualified Pro to install it for you. Or if you don’t know what you want or need, place a request to find a ceiling installation Local Pro near you and they’ll help you find what you need, then install it for you.
Ceiling Fan Replacement & Installation
If your existing ceiling fan is outdated, damaged or otherwise not working properly, find a qualified ceiling fan replacement and installation Pro to take care of it. Your Pro will be able to recommend ceiling fan replacement and suggest a range of high-quality options for your new ceiling fan.
Licensed, Qualified Ceiling Fan Installers
All ceiling fan installers available through Local Pro are licensed electricians who can handle any electrical work required for your ceiling fan installation, repair or replacement job. Ask your Pro if they’ll take care of any new wiring, switches and other electrical installations and repairs to ensure your ceiling fan works properly.