There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Get more repairs done around your home with help from The Home Depot! Whether you need supplies, a Handiwork, or both, our Handiwork Services offers everything in one convenient place.
About Local Pro Handiwork Services
Local Pro HandiWork is an independent, qualified trade contractor with professional expertise in home repairs, maintenance, and even minor installations.
Only HandiWork contractors who are licensed, insured, and have passed our annual background check are eligible to become a Local Pro, so you can be assured of the highest standards of workmanship and service.
Shop Supplies & A Local Pro
How It Works
1 Step 1
- Purchase the supplies or hardware required online for your home repairs or home improvement project.
2 Step 2
- Select ‘Connect Me to Local Pros’ on the product page and confirm your postal code to ensure a match with qualified HandiWork near you.
3 Step 3
- Upon completing your purchase, we’ll match your online request with up to 3 Local Pros in your area and notify you by email. They will contact you within 24hrs to discuss your project in detail and provide a quote.
Shop Supplies & HandiWork Services
Hire a Local Pro
How It Works
1 Step 1
- Already purchased supplies and hardware for your home improvement project? Just choose the HandiWork service that’s right for you and submit your online request.
2 Step 2
- We’ll match your request with up to 3 Local Pros in your area, who will contact you within 24hrs to discuss your project in detail and provide a quote.
3 Step 3
- Compare rates, reviews, then hire the HandiWork Local Pro of your choice, all from the comfort of your home!
Available HandiWork Services
Advantages of choosing a Local Pro vs DIY
Save Time and Money
When it comes to home repairs, The DIY route can be the most rewarding option, but not necessarily the quickest or cheapest. That’s because an experienced Local Pro can get the job done right the first time.
No need to worry. There’s no troubleshooting, no learning as you go and no hunting for the right tools and supplies. Simply hire a Local Pro and they’ll take care of things for you.
Get Things Done
Most Local Pros can readily handle a variety of jobs around your home. They’re happy to cross off multiple items on your home repairs to-do list in a single visit.
Fixing Made Easy – Home Services Local Pros are:
All Local Pros are independently background checked.
Rated and Reviewed
All Local Pros are trusted professionals who are rated and reviewed by homeowners like you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Powered by The Home Depot, we use the latest technology to match customers with a handyman who has completed a background check.
You are connected to a handyman in your area based on job skills, geographic radius and availability to meet your request.
There is no cost to submit a Job Request for a HandiWork Local Pro. Get connected with up to three Local Pros who have gone through a mandatory background check
- DIY is great if you want to learn new skills and have the time to finish all your home repairs. But if you don’t have the time or simply want help, hiring a handyman can make your life easier
- Not necessarily. While DIY does save you the cost of labour, it may not save you money overall. That’s because a skilled, experienced handyman is more likely to get the job done faster – and get it right the first time
You should ask for details about their skills, experience, policies, and rates. For example:
- Will you be working on my job yourself or will it be one of your employees?
- Is the person completing my job licensed to do this type of work? (make sure it’s still valid)
- Do you have liability insurance and Workers Compensation Board coverage?
- How long have you been in your trade?
- Will I require a permit and will you obtain it?
- How and when will I be required to pay for the work?
- Do you have any references you can provide me with?
- Will you provide a written contract that specifies exactly the services you will provide?
Take the time to qualify the Local Pro for the job so that you are confident in your selection. Verify that the information provided to you by the Local Pro and in their profile is accurate and up to date.
See the Home Services – Local Pro Consumer Terms of Service for details.
Acknowledgment and Acceptance
Home Services – Local Pro services and website are offered to you for use only in Canada and are conditioned upon your unconditional acceptance, without modification, of the terms, conditions, and notices contained in the Home Services - Local Pro Consumer Terms of Service (“Agreement”) found on our website at homedepot.ca/proreferralcanadaterms, some of which are set out below. Please read this Agreement in full carefully. Your use of the Website and any Home Services service constitutes your agreement to all terms and conditions of the Agreement. You agree and understand that certain features of the Website and certain services provided may be subject to additional terms and conditions or registration requirements. You agree to abide by these additional terms and conditions, and you further agree that a violation of those terms and conditions shall constitute a breach of the Agreement.
A Consumer may submit a Job Request through a store associate or online, for Local Pros to contact the Consumer (“Job Request”) concerning desired services or work.
Agreement Solely with Local Pro
When a Local Pro contacts you, the Pro is acting on the Pro’s sole behalf and is not a representative or agent of Home Services, The Home Depot, or their affiliates. Home Services does not endorse or recommend the services of any particular Pro or verify its skills, licenses or permits.
You agree that Home Services is not responsible for the accessibility or unavailability of any Pro or for your interactions and dealings with them, waive the right to bring or assert any claim against Home Services or The Home Depot or their affiliates relating to any interactions or dealings with any Pro, and release Home Services, The Home Depot and their affiliates from any and all liability for or relating to any interactions or dealings with the Pro.
Payments to Local Pro
You are solely responsible for paying the Pro for any work completed in accordance with your agreement with the Pro and for making payment arrangements directly with the Pro. You may be required by your agreement with the Pro to pay a deposit to the Pro prior to the Pro’s commencement of the work. Home Services and The Home Depot are not liable for any claims made by you or on your behalf relating to, or arising out of, charges to your Pro Referral account authorized by your agreement with the Pro.
For the full version of the Home Services – Local Pro Consumer Terms of Service, please visit: homedepot.ca/proreferralcanadaterms
To understand how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed in connection with Home Services, please see the Home Services - Local Pro Consumer Terms of Service and The Home Depot Privacy and Security Statement.