There are no reviews for the city you have selected.
Electricians at Home Depot
All figures based on 2021 Canada-wide averages.
Why Should I Use a Professional Outlet Installation Service?
✔ For a safe and high-quality install
Working with electricity can be tedious and dangerous. Each job done by our licensed professionals is guaranteed to be done safely and correctly.
✔ For peace-of-mind
Installing electrical outlets can be dangerous for someone who doesn’t have the know-how. A licensed electrician can ensure your outlets are installed according to code
✔ To get any outlet installed hassle-free
If you require more complicated electrical work, your outlet may be too difficult to install yourself. You can be confident knowing that your Local Pro will be able to tackle any type of outlet installation.
Electrical Outlet Installation Process
Shop Electrical Outlets and Get Your Installation Started Online
Make your installation easy by purchasing your materials and scheduling an appointment with a Local Pro.
1 Select Product and Service
- Click “Shop Electrical Outlets” below.
- Select “Connect me to Local Pros” on the product page to check the availability of Local Pros in your area.
2 Complete Your Purchase
- Add both product and service to cart. Once you complete your product purchase, we will email you details of up to 3 Local Pros who will call you to discuss your project, provide a quote, and schedule an appointment.
Consult a Local Pro
Need some professional advice? Consult a Local Pro.
1 Complete Your Request Form
- Enter your contact information and tell us more details about the job you’d like done - whether it’s to replace bath safety hardware or install it for the first time.
2 View Local Pros in Your Area
- After submitting a request, you will be contacted by up to three Local Pros based on your job request. Compare their credentials, ask questions, discuss availability, and obtain a quote.
3 Select a Local Pro and Schedule Installation
- Once you’ve decided on the Pro you want - hire the Local Pro that fulfills your criteria.
4 Get Your Job Completed
- After the job is complete, leave a review to share your experience of how it went, and help fortify our network of great Local Pros.
Why Choose Local Pros
Hire From A Network of Pros
Hiring from our network ensures you get your job done by the best of the best, no matter who you end up choosing.
All Local Pros are independently background checked, licensed, and experienced for the job.
Rated and Reviewed
All Local Pros are trusted professionals who are rated and reviewed by homeowners like you.
Types of Electrical Outlets
GFCI Electrical Outlet
Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets are circuit breakers that automatically shut off power to prevent electrocution. These outlets are crucial for family home safety.
USB Electrical Outlets
Plugging your device into an electrical outlet with a USB can charge it 40% faster than using an adapter. These outlets also allow you to charge many devices at once.
Also known as safe plates, these covers go over your existing outlet so your children and pets can’t access the inside of the outlet.
360 rotating outlets allow you to accommodate plugs of all shapes and sizes and protect strain on the cords.
Smart Accessibility Outlets
Automate your home with outlets that you can control remotely or with voice commands, those with motion sensors, built-in dimmers, or scheduled outlets. Smart outlets are great for accessibility purposes and can make daily life a breeze.
Motion sensor outlets can automatically detect human movement and switch your power supply on or off
Timed electrical outlets
Smart plugs with scheduled timers allow you to set when something is turned on and for how long
Voice assistant compatible
Pair your device through Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or another voice assistant, and manage what’s plugged in with your voice
Wi-fi plug-in switch
Wi-fi smart outlets can be connected to your phone or another smart device so you can control your appliances or lights remotely
Smart plugs with built-in dimmers can help automate and centralize your home’s lighting and increase energy efficiency
Frequently Asked Questions
- Although some electrical outlet work can be costly, you may have problems with home insurance coverage if an electrical fire or other accident occurs
- By doing the electrical work yourself, you often put yourself and your home at risk
- Outlet installation costs will highly depend on your individual service and the type of electrical outlet you are looking to get installed
- The average cost to get an electrical outlet installed is between $100-$300
- Ask your individual Local Pro for a more accurate price quote during your consultation
- The time it takes for your outlet installation service will vary depending on the nature of the job and the type of outlet
- The average time to get an electrical outlet installed is usually around 1-2 hours, however, it’s best to directly ask your Local Pro for more accurate timelines
Some factors that impact the cost of your installation include:
- Outlet Type – Some outlet types, like GFCI outlets, are more expensive to install than others
- Labour – Adding an electrical outlet will require wiring, which is more laborious than simply replacing an electrical outlet. Electrical repair work for new outlets and running a new ground wire will also often come at an additional cost
- Yes. Often, your Local Pro can consult with you about what sort of products you need for your electrical outlet installation and purchase them for you
- Occasionally, the cost of these products will be added to the cost of your installation. However, it’s best to confirm with your Local Pro
- If something installed requires adjustments or fixing, our Local Pros will usually take care of it free of charge, however, it’s best to confirm this with your individual Local Pro
- Detail what you want to be installed or replaced to your Local Pro
- Provide details about the type of electrical outlet you’re looking to get installed and whether you require extra services like running a new ground wire or wiring an electrical outlet
- Take images of your outlet (if existing) and its location to show the Local Pro
Local Pro Questions
- The Home Depot uses the latest technology to match customers with a qualified and vetted Local Pro
- Local Pros are also pre-screened so you can put your full trust in their services. There’s no need to worry about quality of work – with reviews, references, and our comprehensive background check, we’ve ensured that for you
- Yes. All Local Pros performing electrical jobs must possess a red sealed journeyman license or an ESA license. In addition, each contractor must be insured a minimum of $1,000,000 liability to protect our valued customers.
- There is no cost to request a Local Pro, nor to get matched to them
- After connecting with up to three Local Pros, you can vet and select the Local Pro that fits your budget and schedule
- Thanks to our powerful automated technology, you will receive an answer within 24hrs of your request from an electrician. In many cases, you can expect a direct phone call from an electrician within 2 – 3 hours of submitting your request. Holiday hours, however, may affect response times.
- In the rare event that none of the three Local Pros have contacted you within that time, you will be automatically re-matched to up to three new Local Pros via email
- We are constantly adding new Pros, so we hope to have Pros available in your area soon
- Please ensure the postal code you have entered is where you’d like the service to happen
Here's What Our Customers Are Saying
All reviews based on 2021 submissions.
"Nuno helped us replace an incorrect laundry outlet for our dryer. He was quick to respond and come over, efficient, knowledgable and very friendly. I definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an electrician."
"Same day response, I wanted someone to add an outlet up behind my TV..NS electric did it the next day..every professional, no mess..will definitely use him again."
"Had an outlet installed which involved some holes being cut out of lower level ceiling. Nice and tidy job. Finally able to plug microwave and mini oven in at different location in kitchen."
"I needed an electrician to change some plugs and a light switch. I filled out the form and got a call back the next day. The electrician came the same day and got everything done. He even went to pick up the outlets I needed himself."
"We needed a electritian to instal and fix the power outlets in our kitchen. Didn't realy know who to call so I went to Home Depot website and found Home Services offered, I put in my request and within the hour I was contacted by one of the suggested contractors who came and fixed the issue. We are very happy with the service provided and job done. Will defiantly use this Home Depot Home Services from now on."
"Brad from Cityline Electrical called within 2 hours from the time I put in the lead at Home Depot Pro Desk. He gave me a fair price over the phone and came in right away to fix my outlets. I highly recommend him as he's experienced and efficient at his job. Don't waste your time looking for anyone else. Brad is very polite hard worker and will help you for a fair price."