Offers & Promotions
Check out exclusive Pro Savings and must-have products.
Exclusive Pro Xtra Programs & Offers
The Home Depot 2023 Black Friday Pro Xtra Contest (the “Contest”) OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (the “Official Rules”) Open to residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec)
ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY AVAILABLE TO RECEIVE BONUS ENTRIES. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 2, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 3, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must: (a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec), who is of the age of majority or older in their respective Province/Territory of residence at time of entry, (b) be a Pro Xtra Member, and (c) register for the Contest. Employees, officers and directors of Home Depot of Canada Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its parents, affiliates and related companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or the independent Contest judging organization (collectively with Sponsor, “Contest Parties”), and members of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, spouses or children, regardless of where they reside), or persons living in the same household (whether or not related), of each of the above are not eligible.
3. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Alternative means of entry are set out below. Internet access and valid email account required. To enter, participants must meet the eligibility criteria shared above. Maximum number of entries that can be earned per participant regardless of method of entry is fifty (50). Registration for the contest is free of charge and a purchase or payment of any kind is not required to enter. To register for the contest, during the Contest Period, eligible participants must visit the Contest website at https://mcl-zljp9qxftpk5jzyjxx341j9m.pub.sfmc-content.com/wakdssesjmr (the “Contest Website”), follow the instructions on eligibility, choose the prize pack for which they want to participate, complete the registration form in full, and submit their entry.
Number of entries:
Automatic Entries for Contest Registration: All eligible Contest entrants will automatically receive five (5) entries for registering for the Contest for entry into a Contest Prize draw (each, a “Prize Draw”) based on the prize pack they originally select to participate for.
A total of up to forty-five (45) bonus entries may also be earned by eligible entrants based on the following three actions:
i) Twenty (20) bonus entries for spending $500 or more (before taxes) on available products at Home Depot Canada stores (Quebec excluded) using your Pro Xtra ID in-store or through your Pro Xtra account online during the Contest Period.
ii) Fifteen (15) bonus entries for becoming an active Local Pro or renewing your Local Pro status and completing the Local Pro Background Check which must result in a ‘pass’ status by December 3, 2023. $65 annual compliance fee applies for new Local Pro signup and renewal. Eligible entrants who already are active Local Pros by December 3, 2023 will get the bonus entries associated.
iii) Ten (10) bonus entries for opting in to Pro emails during the Contest Period. Eligible entrants who already are subscribed to the Pro emails will get the bonus entries associated.
Alternative Means of Entry: An eligible entrant wishing to obtain up to forty-five (45) bonus entries by means of Alternative Means of Entry will have to share three (3) written submissions of up to 50 words each and email those to email@example.com by December 3, 2023 together with their name, Pro Xtra ID number and the subject line “Black Friday Pro Xtra Contest 2023”. These written submissions correlate to the 3 ways of obtaining bonus entries, as follows:
i) Up to 50-word written submission to describe what you like purchasing at Home Depot during the Black Friday event and why. This is tied to the twenty (20) bonus entries earned from “Making a qualifying spend of $500 during the contest period”.
ii) Up to 50-word written submission to describe what excites you about the Local Pro program and why. This is tied to the fifteen (15) bonus entries earned from “Becoming an Active Local Pro”.
iii) Up to 50-word written submission to describe what value you seek from the Home Depot Pro emails and why. This is tied to the ten (10) bonus entries earned from “Opting in to Home Depot Pro emails”.
Pro Xtra Members who are already Local Pros or have already opted in to Pro emails at the time of contest registration will automatically get bonus entries associated with those two categories of entry.
Eligible entrants can only enter the Prize Draw for one of the three prize packs and all their eligible entries will go to the same prize pack.
Proof of entry activity (screenshots or captures, etc.) by entrant does not constitute proof of completing the applicable activity. Each entry activity must be completed by the entrant him or herself during the Contest Period. Automated entry activities (including but not limited to entry activities completed using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service) are not permitted and will be void. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Each person may only use one (1) email address and contest registration to participate in the Contest, and each person must register and participate using a unique email address. Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the independent Contest judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
4. PRIZES: Three (3) prizes in total (total ARV $6,654) are available to be won, consisting of:
- One (1) Milwaukee prize pack (Total ARV $2,400): (i) M18 FUEL 7-Tool Combo Kit (ARV $1,598) (ii) PACKOUT 3-Piece Storage System (ARV $398) (iii) Milwaukee SWAG and Solo Stove Smokeless Fire Pit (ARV $404)
- One (1) BEHR prize pack (Total ARV $2,250): (i) Ten (10) single use coupons eligible for available BEHR and KILZ paint and primer in-store ($200 each) (ii) BEHR SWAG (ARV $250)
- One (1) Leviton prize pack (TOTAL ARV $2,004): (i) 48 Amp Level 2 Wi-Fi Electric Vehicle Charging Station in White (ARV $900), (ii) Wall Hook for Electric Vehicle Charging Station Cable Management (ARV $60), (iii) Three (3) Decora Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer 2nd Gen 120V 600W INC 300W LED/CFL in White (ARV $60 each), (iv) Two (2) Decora Smart Wi-Fi Switch 2nd Gen 120V 15A in White (ARV $56 each), (v) Decora Smart Wi-Fi 15A Receptacle 2nd Gen in White (ARV $46), (vi) Two (2) Decora Smart Mini Plug-In Wi-Fi Indoor Switches in White (ARV $30 each) (vii) Decora Smart Wi-Fi Motion Sensing Dimmer Single Pole or 3-Way in White (2nd Gen) (ARV $52), (viii) Decora Edge 15 Amp Tamper-Resistant Duplex Outlet, White (10-Pack) (ARV $32), (ix) Decora Edge 15 Amp Single Pole Rocker Switch, White (10-Pack) (ARV $32), (x) Two (2) Decora Single Gang Midway Nylon Wall Plate in White (10-Pack) (ARV $15 each), (xi) Leviton SWAG (ARV $500).
Eligible entrants can only enter the Prize Draw for one of the three prize packs and all their eligible entries will go to the same prize pack
General Prize Conditions: Prizes will be awarded only to verified winners in Canada (excluding Quebec). Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other costs or expenses incurred by a winner in claiming or using their prize, not expressly stated herein as being included in the prize, will be the responsibility of the selected winner. Please allow for thirty (30) days, from when the signed Declaration and Release Documents (as defined below) is received by Sponsor for the delivery of the prize. Manufacturer’s standard warranty, if any, applies. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for reading and following all instructions, directions for use and warnings that are associated with each component of the applicable Prize.
5. SELECTING A WINNER: On or around December 21st, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, eligible Entries will be selected by random draw to determine the eligible Prize winners as follows:
a) One (1) Entry will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received into the Prize Draw for the Milwaukee prize pack (Total ARV $2,400): (i) M18 FUEL 7-Tool Combo Kit (ARV $1,598) (ii) PACKOUT 3-Piece Storage System (ARV $398) (iii) Milwaukee SWAG and Solo Stove Smokeless Fire Pit (ARV $404)
b) One (1) Entry will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received into the Prize Draw for the BEHR prize pack (Total ARV $2,250): (i) Ten (10) single use coupons eligible for available BEHR and KILZ paint and primer in-store (up to $200 each) (ii) BEHR SWAG (ARV $250).
c) One (1) Entry will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received into the Prize Draw for the Leviton prize pack (Total ARV $2,004): (i) 48 Amp Level 2 Wi-Fi Electric Vehicle Charging Station in White (ARV $900), (ii) Wall Hook for Electric Vehicle Charging Station Cable Management (ARV $60), (iii) Three (3) Decora Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer 2nd Gen 120V 600W INC 300W LED/CFL in White (ARV $60 each), (iv) Two (2) Decora Smart Wi-Fi Switch 2nd Gen 120V 15A in White (ARV $56 each), (v) Decora Smart Wi-Fi 15A Receptacle 2nd Gen in White (ARV $46), (vi) Two (2) Decora Smart Mini Plug-In Wi-Fi Indoor Switches in White (ARV $30 each) (vii) Decora Smart Wi-Fi Motion Sensing Dimmer Single Pole or 3-Way in White (2nd Gen) (ARV $52), (viii) Decora Edge 15 Amp Tamper-Resistant Duplex Outlet, White (10-Pack) (ARV $32), (ix) Decora Edge 15 Amp Single Pole Rocker Switch, White (10-Pack) (ARV $32), (x) Two (2) Decora Single Gang Midway Nylon Wall Plate in White (10-Pack) (ARV $15 each), (xi) Leviton SWAG (ARV $500)
The odds of being selected as an eligible prize pack winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received per Prize Draw.
Selected entrants will be contacted by a phone call or email within fifteen (15) business days of the Draw Date at the contact number or email provided by entrant at entry. To be declared a winner, each selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone or in the Sponsor’s form of Declaration and Release Documents (defined in Rule 6 below), and must sign and return the required Declaration and Release Documents (defined in Rule 6 below) within the timeframe specified by Sponsor.
6. CLAIMING PRIZE: Selected entrants must complete, sign, and return a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release (the “Declaration and Release Documents”) sent by the Sponsor by the deadline noted in the documentation. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or failure of selected entrant to: (a) be reached within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact; (b) correctly answer the skill-testing question; (c) return the Declaration and Release Documents within the time specified; or (d) otherwise comply with any of the terms and conditions set out in these Official Rules will result in the disqualification of selected entrant and an alternate entrant may be selected by random draw from the remaining valid applicable Entries (and subject to disqualification in the same manner) until such time as a Prize winner is confirmed or there are no more eligible applicable Entries, whichever comes first, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or exchanged, whether in cash, trade-in, or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without liability, to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value, in cash or otherwise, if a Prize, or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason including, but not limited to events outside of the control of Contest Parties and for which Contest Parties will not be held responsible. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery, receipt, possession, and/or subsequent use or misuse of the Prizes awarded or the merchandise for which they are redeemed, as applicable. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
7. RELEASES; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Contest Parties and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, agents, successors, assigns and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize awarded herein or the goods for which the Prizes are redeemed; or 2) participation in the Contest or any Prize related activities, including but not limited to return travel to and from such activity. Upon delivery of the Prize to a winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the Prize. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Prize. All claims relating to a Prize (or the merchandise for which it is redeemed, as applicable) must be directed exclusively to the supplier, manufacturer or originator of the Prize, as the case may be.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest entrants, the Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (b) the theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; (c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses, trojan horses or bugs; (d) any failure of any email, registration, entry activity, and/or Entry to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; (e) damage to an entrant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; (f) any late, lost, misdirected, damaged, garbled, or incomplete and/or Entries which will be deemed void, (g) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, or (h) technical, pictorial, typographical, or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
8. PRIVACY: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by Sponsor and its authorized agents and/or representatives for the purposes of administering the Contest and fulfilling the Prizes. At the time you entered the Contest, you may have also been asked if you wish to consent to Sponsor’s use of your personal information to receive future e-mails from Sponsor. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications. Further, by accepting a Prize, the Contest winners consent to Sponsor’s use of their names, photographs and/or likenesses, addresses (city/province), voice, and statements made by or attributed to them, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be collected, used, or disclosed without consent. Personal information will be collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with Home Depot of Canada Inc.’s Privacy and Security Statement, which is available at homedepot.ca. If there are any questions about the collection, use, disclosure or other use of personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned or acknowledged. All Entries and Prize claims are subject to verification. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties and any entries or Prize claims, registrations, entry activities, and/or Entries that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified, or delayed will be void. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the Entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the Entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any Entry, they will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. If, for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation and may select entrants from among all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, the entry process or the Contest Website, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified from this Contest, and may be disqualified from any future contest or promotion offered by Sponsor. ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her Prize, or the cash value thereof. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of Prizes than contemplated in the Official Rules, there will be a random draw from amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest Period to award the applicable Prize. All federal, local and provincial/territorial laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, all registrations, entry activities, Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor): (i) for the purposes of verifying an entrant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any contest-related information and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these
Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.